Rock Band

Discussion in 'Games' started by Nauseous, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

2. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

If my GH guitar works with it and I can buy the disc alone, I'll get it. But the guitar that comes with Rockband is much cooler. The set list is ok but I wouldn't say way better than GH3's set list.

Oh, shit, "Don't Fear the Reaper" is on there. I must get the USB Cowbell peripheral to go with it.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I think if you tap the microphone it does cowbell and something else.

4. Fernando

Fernando Member

Tamborine, cowbell if only for one or two levels.

5. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Never question Bruce Dickenson. I gotta have more cowbell!

6. Disorder

Disorder New Member

I make music, so I've avoided anything where I emulate other peoples. :p

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Lah-tee-dah!

8. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Well, I don't consider myself a musician, but I play guitar. These games are like a super-cyber extension of the air guitar I've been slinging since my childhood. I don't think these games lend anything to one's guitar playing ability but it's fun.

9. Fernando

Fernando Member

The game in my opinnion will flop though. Not enough people are going to be willing to buy the entire set. And a lot of people would most likely fight over some insturments, who wants to be vocalist, honestly.

10. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Yeah, I don't know if Rock Band can really upstage Guitar Hero. No one wants to be a bassist and whoever wants to be a vocalist is probably unaware of how shitty they are as a singer. Still, if I could buy the stand-alone disc, I would but more as an add-on to the Guitar Hero series.

11. Fernando

Fernando Member

everyone would be tackling each other over who gets to be drummer.

12. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I don't know how much fun that little bongo set will be.

Why not add a DDR mat for the groupies to writhe on?

13. Fernando

Fernando Member

donkey konga was pretty fun, as was jungle beat.

14. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Walmart had a demo of it (think it was for the PS2 or 3, can't remember) and it seemed a little fun, but not 170 worth. I'd lose my attention span quickly with it. We tried 'Say It Ain't So" on drums.

15. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Well, we got it and it's okay but again, not worth the $$$. The drums are fun and hard. If I have to sing "Creep" one more time for the band, I'm going to vomit.

Good thing about vocals is you can change the words around for the most part as long as you're singing the pitch and time correctly. I like to make songs nasty.

16. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I bought the disc and beat it on expert in a few days. It's easier than GH3 and I don't like the songs as well but it does have some good ones. Also, the online interface isn't as user-friendly or versatile as GH3's. Still, I got some entertainment value out of it. I'll buy the microphone peripheral in March for my kids. I tried the drums at a friend's house but didn't care for them.

17. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I like some of the songs, but some of them I have never heard of. Mainly the new stuff. I have no clue what it is. But again, it's not picky on the words at least on easy and medium . I had never heard that Garbage song and flubbed through it.

The microphone is kinda fun. Cowbell is always funny.

18. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Have you played online? It doesn't have co-op that I can tell.

19. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I have no desire to play online. my husband knos more about all that stuff.

20. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

The week that game was released, I had a buddy of mine call me... He bought the full package for $180 or so, got it home, and his (third) Xbox gave him the red ring of death... He sold it to me for $120, and I played a couple of songs with the drums... And haven't picked it up since.

The pedal fucks with me. Apparently I'm not coordinated enough (or I should've read the manual to know that the yellow bar means to stomp on that pedal)