Really, thats what's wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by pussyish, Feb 13, 2009.

1. pussyish

pussyish New Member

So over the past four years I have been battling from bad fatigue, mild depression, anxiety, and finally went to see my FNP last week. I thought it was the combination of 6 kids ( 3 step, 3 my own), working as a CNA, running ragged trying to make all ends meet. She thought it was something else but didnt want to tell me until I got my labs done. So yesterday I go back to see her and it was a Vitamin D deficiency.

Normally it should run 50 and above and mine was at 12. She said it took approximately 6-7 years to get that low. It causes heart disease, chronic pain, Fibromyalgia, hypertension, arthritis, depression, inflammatory bowel disease, obesity, PMS, Crohns Disease, cancer, MS and other autoimmune diseases.

I asked her if this was really all it was and she thought so and said, " Arent you glad it isnt fucking cancer sheesh!" I love her. So now I'm on 1,000 iu of Vitamin D twice a day and she said it wouldnt get fully up to where it's supposed to be for about a year so I have to get another lab in 3 mos to check, but I never thought a vitamin deficiency could cause so much problems. She also said regular daily vitamins will never do an adequate job at keeping your levels up, Im lactose intolerant so milk aint a option. Research also shows that it has a link to metastatic cancer like breast cancer.

2. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

glad you caught it. Hope you perk up a little.

6 kids, wow...and you work, carp, I tip my hat to you dear.

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I have depression, anxiety, arthritis and Crohn's and everything else you mentioned I've thought I had at one point or another. I don't know if they have checked my Vitamin D. I have had my B checked. How do you get D? I hope not meat because I have been a vegetarian for over half of my life.

Glad you got it caught and you're taking care of the problem. I really don't want any blood work done. Stuff is always wrong. My WBC was 21,500 a few months ago and the cut off range is 10,000. I just don't want to know anymore. I am thankful for the hours when I feel good and just live through the hours that I feel like shit.

4. pussyish

pussyish New Member

you get Vitamin D from milk, dairy and the sun. Interestingly enough the darker your skin the harder it is to get that sun exposure. Supposed to be 20 minutes a day is equivalent to 20,000 iu but you have to double or triple your dosage the darker you are. My friend is white but darker based on the native american and such she has and hers was really low too.

Im lactose intolerant so thats not an option for me, its a simple blood test just for it so I would definitely get it checked out.

5. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I suffer from sanity, discretion, apt judgment, accountability, and a sheer desire to not ever lower myself to the level of being dependent on taxpayers to subsidize my sexual indiscretions and paternal mistakes.

I don't know. I've heard of it once... A term widely forgotten in this sad age of dependence on 'nanny government' - I think it was once called:

"RESPONSIBILITY"

Look it up sometime between changing diapers, if you have the chance, it should be required reading for anyone even remotely concerned with being able to provide for their own offspring without the aid of innocent bystanders' tax dollars.

Read some more into the definition of "Judgment" before you decide to drop your next pup, too, will ya?

---Oh, and, hey! If you're part of the 0.00001% minority that actually works, pays into the system, and gains a benefit proportional to what they put in, then more power to you!

No offense, but I'm just going to have to go with my gut on this one.

6. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Don't be a self-righteous dick, Lomo.

7. pussyish

pussyish New Member

Excuse me..but what the fuck are you talking about? I work 2 jobs, one as a CNA and as a MA, My husband is a insurance agent. So I have NO PROBLEM taking care of my offspring as well as my stepkids who are WHITE and living with me because their mom is a piece of WHITE TRASH. I have 3 kids of my own and if a wonderful man chooses to leave his wife to better himself and take all his "pups" to be a better relationship with me, I'll accept his kids we'll have 2 of our own together and pay for it.

Since her WHITE ASS won't work or provide us with child support we provide all the mental, physical, and monetary needs of our children and I will love his and mine and our children as our own.

And get your facts straight before you talk:

Hill and other welfare supporters argue that numbers, and not erroneous stereotypes, tell the real story about public assistance clients: Some 61 percent of welfare recipients are White, while 33 percent are Black, according to 1990 Census Bureau statistics, the latest figures available.

And in my small town in Oregon which is 98% white, there are more than 60% on welfare and there is only 50 ppl in my town that are black. From the statistics there are 5 of those black ppl on welfare.

8. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

I'm not sure it fits the thread, but it's a great rant Lomo.

9. zee339

zee339 New Member

it's your generation that fucked everything up, stupid fucking cocksucker. go die already

10. Reizvolles

Reizvolles Active Member

Can't half tell that you're a sexually frustrated emo teen.

11. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

So your saying percentage wise in the population more black people are on welfare than whites?

12. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

BTW ...a Pussyish I'm not trying to get in the middle of an argument that is likely over a misunderstanding. I'm just pointing out that numbers can be misleading. And used to make totally opposite points.

13. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I don't think Lomo was trying to make a point about race at all. I think he was drunk and went on a rant about people with a bunch of kids and just assumed. But he came off as uppity to me so I had to call him a dick. :)

14. pussyish

pussyish New Member

I agree with you nauseous Im by no means pissed off just irritated that he took over the thread with useless information

15. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Well your the bigger man then ..... pussyish.

16. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Screw you guys. Lomo was right.

See he left an out. The sad thing is there are a lot of people out there who are currently upset with the new president because they havent gotten their check yet (actually overheard a real conversation about it 'i didnt vote for him for nothing').

It's a beautiful day, and surely time for Change.

17. pussyish

pussyish New Member

damn thats sad

18. pussyish

pussyish New Member

damn bigger man, my dick is HUGE then

19. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Get over it already.

Let the guy screw up before you condemn him then you can say, "I told you so." Until then, you just sound like a bunch of assholes.

20. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Pukey what you do not see is is that by comparison to the tidal wave of propaganda after he fails anyone who points it out will still look like an ass.

The honeymoon will NEVER be over with him and the media. :rolleyes: