Punk

Discussion in 'Music' started by TheGrimJesus, Aug 12, 2007.

1. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

I've really started to get into it a lot again in the last 6 months. I know all the usual suspect anyone recommend anything?

2. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Damn, I came in here thinking you were finally admitting to being a punk. DAMN!

:)

3. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

I don't know if Flogging Molly is punk, but they are the coolest band I know.

Thanks Schmed, again, for enlightenment.

4. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

Husker DU Warehouse days,
    Reagan youth, No Order, New Order, Disorder,
    Sick Of It all, Blood sweat no tears,
    Warzone S/t
    GWAR scumdogs of the Universe
    The Mentors, anything
    GG Allen, Dirty Love SONGS

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Depends on your definition of punk. The Lemonheads were punk back in mid 80's. Listen to "Hate your Friends"...

Bad Religion? Black Flag?

Henry Rollins was so fucking hot in his Black Flag days... shit, the old fucker is still pretty damn hot.

6. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

Yeah the Lemonheads are like Linkin Park, they just redid the same song, over, and over , and OVER and that was their carrer. I wonder, if you goto a lInkin Park concert, do they play That same shitty song like a dozen times?

You ever been at a party, and some DUMB WHORE (think Improtected) shows up, with a Limp Bizkit CD, and plays rollin, then it ends, and plays "rollin" again, then it ends and you hear, "rollin" again, and this goes on, until I physically pull her CD out of the CD player, then smash it in front of her and her boyfriend? Or does shit like that just happen to me?

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Linkn Park (however it is spelled) is terrible. The early Lemonheads were cool. I lost my V to one of their albums.

No, I was the dumb bitch that played "Blue Oyster Cult" at a party and the guy threw my tape. He was a stupid wanna-be hippie with big lips that I made out with once but wouldn't put out. His friend threw my chair. His friend was cute but I blew him off when he was hitting on me earlier that year because I was dating this ugly skin-head skater guy but was trying to get with his cuter friend (boring girl story)

I haven't been to any parties since right out of highschool, so it's been a good 10 years or so. I don't enjoy strangers and I won't step foot in a bar. Bad music makes me mean.

8. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

The Slits, The Buzcocks, The Undertones, X-Ray Spex, The Skidz, Magazine...