PLEASE! DESCIPTIONS!

Discussion in 'Complaints, Requests and Suggestions.' started by Bowen, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Bowen

Bowen New Member

I miss the old days of fugly where all the pics/movies had a funny joke or description to them

now they are all just file names

2. DangerousD

DangerousD New Member

What was your previous username?

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Name them all. It's actually not as easy as you think. Several years ago some of us were recruited to name them and the more I tried, the more unfunny they became and my privileges were taken away.

4. JEFE

JEFE New Member

I stopped adding captions on April-1-2007. The last one was this: http://www.fugly.com/videos/7410/jello_spoon_nose.html

There's nothing significant about that, it just happened to be the last one I did.

Here's why:

Go to a page like this one - http://www.fugly.com/videos/4617/Playground_Face_Plant.html

The caption I wrote is, "This poor fat kid does a pretty serious face-plant off of some playground equipment."

Now go to Google and search for that whole caption, with the quotes, and see how many people have scraped my site and stole not only the clip, but the caption I wrote for it. Why would I want to waste my time putting effort into anything original when all that ends up happening is some asshole steals it and claims it as his own?

It's the same with the Victims. This is original material: http://www.fugly.com/victims/victimx_26/text/

Take something like the 6th line down in the conversation, "Then why the hell are you bothering me?" and google it. Look at how many OTHER pages come up with that chat log on it, with the names changed and it credited to some idiot calling himself Bloodninja.

Why would anyone waste their time creating original content when it just gets ripped off and stolen?

The Internet is a giant toilet.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  5. DangerousD

DangerousD New Member

I've noticed that some sites have something that doesn't allow you to right click on something to copy and paste shit like orignal artwork. Of course you can always do a screen shot and crop the picture out.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  6. jizmik

jizmik New Member

I remember the old days when it had a live chat line which was total carnage, some of the best one liners and heavy duty roastings for everyone on it............................jiz!

7. Syclone

Syclone New Member

odd file names at that

8. Bowen

Bowen New Member

It's always been Bowen, why?

As for the others, I see your point.

9. JEFE

JEFE New Member

He thinks you might be cheese. Only, I don't think he realizes that cheese is as much a product of my imagination as is ...cheese.

I hope that makes no sense to you.

10. Reizvolles

Reizvolles Active Member

OMG! Is Harlan a figment too? And I was SO in love with that big jerk! Next you'll say that Martin and Martha aren't real either! I mean, we all know Dwaine Scum and Schmed are just made up, not real and completely fake. But please, not my Harlan baby!

11. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

12. JEFE

JEFE New Member

John - Cheez - is not really Cheese. Cheese is a Cheez based byproduct, comprised of only a certain percentage of actual Cheez.

Dwaine is Dwaine - which ought to give you nightmares.

Schmed is Schmed - no problem there.

Harlan is totally made up
    Martin is totally made up
    Sarah is totally made up
    Mike Williams is totally made up
    as are the rest.

The rest of you I'm not sure of.

Sorry to burst any bubbles.

13. Reizvolles

Reizvolles Active Member

Now where did you find that video of me?

14. Reizvolles

Reizvolles Active Member

Jeff is made up too don't forget.

15. JEFE

JEFE New Member

Jefe' is made up. Jeff is real. Nobody disputes that, and that's a whole other can of worms.

16. Reizvolles

Reizvolles Active Member

OK, so is that Reizvolles biatch made up too?

17. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

*slaps thigh* She's on a roll here!

18. JEFE

JEFE New Member

Nobody really cares about that.

19. Reizvolles

Reizvolles Active Member

Don't pretend you don't. You're just mad that I neglected the forums for so long.

20. phatboy

phatboy New Member

DAMNIT I CARE!!!!!

:)

well more than barry anyway.