PCBackup Help!!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Nauseous, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I have this program on the computer at work. StompSoft PCBackUp. Anyone familiar with it? I don't like it. I can't get things to work properly. All I want to do is backup the C drive Mon-Fri at like 9AM. I set the schedule correctly, but it runs with errors and I can't figure out what exactly it is backing up because you can't click on the scheduled day and hit settings or anything and get an idea of what it is backing up. If I start with the "Easy Start"... I can select C but backup destination... is that my RW drive? Sometimes I get errors when I select it, saying it's not a readable disc. And if I don't get erors and it goes to the end, it just wants to do a one time backup.

The problem is that for almost 4 years I got lazy and didn't put the disks in everyday and let it all go to hell. Now I just want to start over.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  2. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I am not familiar with that software, we use BE 12.5, however your destination can be the CDRW, if it will write to CD. What I have done for my daily's is simply get a few TB external drives and set them up as my destinations. I use tape for weekly, monthly, and annual, but for daily I just use the external drives. You could just get five and rotate through them on a weekly basis, unless you are worried that you might lose it all if you dont keep every copy of a backup (just overwrite them on a monthly basis).

If it's just a PC with a pretty small hard drive you could probably get by with cheaper/smaller drives (the onese around 250GB are pretty cheap.

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

4. phatboy

phatboy New Member

If it makes you feel better, I am having an issue with Symantec right now because for some reason my 500gb backups are taking 20 - 30 hours to complete. Not Cool.

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

That stompsoft crap had horrible reviews on amazon. Like a one star... going buy a new one. Just don't know what to buy.