Palm Treo 650 (Verizon)

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Lomotil, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Got a couple seemingly 'brand new' Treo 650's w/ cameras. They're branded Verizon, use the CDMA network, and apparently don't use SIM cards. Therefore, I can't use either to fix my fuckup of washing my Samsung Blackjack in the washing machine while it was powered on.

Here's the catch: They both lack batteries and accessories.

Both have the stylus, and don't appear to have ever been used. Chances are, they're refurbs, as the code on the boxes reads: "SKU:FRUTREO650" (FRU = Factory Refurbished Unit?)

At any rate, included are the test printouts that verify each phone as passing each checkpoint, etc.

So, is there anyone out there using Verizon, that wants to upgrade their phone? Batteries and cables can be found cheap on ebay, and the phone would probably have to be taken into a Verizon store to be activated. It's also entirely possible that the phones could be unlocked to work on other CDMA networks (Sprint PCS and Virgin Mobile). Oy! I make you such a deal!

2. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

I may have toswitch to Verison when I move to cali, how much for one? Or both? Im sure we can use them with the company

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

...just got another Treo 650 (GSM version, with the SIM card), and it had the battery. Tried it in both CDMA phones, and they both powered up and were able to place calls.