Original 30G Zune

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Lomotil, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

...recently acquired one from a fellow patron at a gas station during a beer run, obviously used, and dirt cheap.

Never used one before, but... it had a full charge, and I was surprised to see that the FM Radio pulled the artist/song name off the air, etc. (is it HD-Radio enabled?)

Need to acquire a cable, get rid of the crap music that's on it (as well as the incriminating evidence of the previous owner's hemp crop, numerous evidence, etc. in the "pictures" folder.) - Read: complete reformat.

What else can this damn thing do? I'm already watching a movie, & bluetoothing the audio (via a separate adapter) to my Bose Lifestyle system.

I turned 'wireless' off (for file sharing, etc.,) but I read this thing can do anonymous wifi Internet?!?

I'm debating on whether to call this fella from an anonymous phone - he says he's got some other electronics that he needs to part with so that he can pay for his car's brake job. :rolleyes:

2. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Are you signing up for marketplace? You get unlimited downloads and 10 free songs you get to keep forever each month.

About the FM... If you are listening to the radio and you like a song, you click on the song and you can queue it for later use, so when you sign into marketplace, it will look for and download the song.

I don't really know what all it does. I use mine for music only. I haven't figured out how to get my existing mp3's on it so I just d/l them, but they don't have quite a bit of stuff I want.

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I'm not signing up for anything... Is it too much to ask for an anonymous device that will play my media files, and not have me worry about what kind of crack dealer was robbed to provide me with this cheap alternative to buying a new one?