Obama pal BP chief Tony Hayward sold £1.4 million shares weeks before oil spill

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by Joeslogic, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

The chief executive of BP sold £1.4 million of his shares in the fuel giant weeks before the Gulf of Mexico oil spill caused its value to collapse.

2. Aballister

Aballister New Member

I couldn't find where it says that he's a pal of Obama. Maybe you have pictures of them playing golf together or something? That wouldn't be you just making stuff up as you go again? Oh the humanity...

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Well here you go since you can't put it all together

Once a government pet, BP now a capitalist tool

By: Timothy P. Carney
    Examiner Columnist
    June 9, 2010

4. Aballister

Aballister New Member

That red font looks awful, it makes my fucking eyeballs bleed. Try a light blue or white.

5. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

That guy is Obama's pal? They don't seem like pals to me....

6. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Oh yeah it's just a front read the article.

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

BP oil spill: leak found in rig weeks before blast

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/oilandgas/7842728/BP-oil-spill-leak-found-in-rig-weeks-before-blast.html

The Deepwater Horizon rig, which exploded causing the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, had suffered a leak in the weeks leading up to the blast, an employee has claimed.

8. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

But that's OK because one of Obama's media wings NBC is helping him out with talking points on the Gulf Oil Spill.

Some how most of the population seem to be unaware the Obama blocked cleanup assistance offered from all over the world.

HE WANTS AN OIL SPILL. :rolleyes:

9. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

Joe I used to say you were insane..... but you are BATSHlT FUCXING CRAZY if you think any human on this planet wants this mess!!!!

Not Obama.... not Osama..... not even fucking Aquaman's nemesis BLACK MANTA wants this shit!!!

It does nothing but cost jobs, lives, raises the price of seafood, kills animals, ruins vacation resorts and tourism dollars, and oh yeah..... IT DESTROYS THE FUCXING OCEAN YOU RETARD!!!

God damn you say some of the dumbest shit in yor anti-Obama campaign. Just argue that we are still at war and he hasn't kept his promises. THAT we know is the truth.

10. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Gitmo still open

Troops in Afghanistan still as well as Iraq.

His generals think Obama is an idiot.

He fired his appointed general and hired Bush's ex-general that HE said was an idiot. I guess he is eating those words.

11. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Oh and it is a FACT that Obama is actively preventing oil spill cleanup efforts and assistance offered from around the world. What other conclusion can one have?

12. Aballister

Aballister New Member

But I thought these things were all good in a republican perspective. Republicans want the war to continue, no cut-and-run. Gitmo was also something the reps were happy about. And to hire Bush's general should please republicans shouldn't it?

You should be pleased about all these things. Heck, you should thank Obama.

:biggrin:

13. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

So why did Obama get elected then. I thought he campaigned on a a Bush is evil "change" ticket.

Global warming.

LIES

Gitmo is wrong.

LIE

that's what the Democrats do with the help of the media. LIE LIE LIE and LIE AGAIN. The stupid population amongst us believe all of it.

What happened to Cindy Sheehan? Where is she at? I thought the left was concerned about troops dying for nothing.

The left never gave a shit it was all about betraying their own to spite freedom, conservatives, a Republican president.

14. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

True! The extreme left is just as bad as the extreme right when it comes to slamming the opposite party. And all of the things you pointed out are a problem I agree. I want to see Gitmo shutdown. I want to see the wars over with. However, I don't see Obama refusing help from our friends.

Let me ask this.... if Osama offered to send over 20,000 taliban troops to assist in clean-up efforts.... should we say "DUH.... OKAY!"

Or should we be wary of alterior motives?

Im sure if Great Britain wants to send people over to help clean Pelicans and vacuum oil Obama would not have a problem with that.

15. Aballister

Aballister New Member

Oh my Gawd! A politician lied??!! They do that??!! Sheesh, that's so unexpected I don't know what to say. And I thought that campaign promises were set in stone.

16. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

And what of the Dutch?

And the left lie 100 times more.

Name just one Bush lie go ahead and try you cannot I have established this as a fact in previous challenges on this forum and others no one can come up with an actual Bush lie.

Yet what did the media CONSTANTLY run with? Remember Al Gores speech with his red face and veins popping out of his forehead. (you won't find it on youtube they hide stuff that makes libs look like tards) BUSH LIED!!! HE PLAYED ON OUR FEARS!!!

I's sure it would be relatively east to find fifty Obama obvious blatant and provable lies.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  17. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Some you can count more on than others. :)

18. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Its not that the Democrats lie its that the media enables them to pull the wool over the eyes of the less intelligent "sheeple" amongst us.

So there is a perfect example for ya. It's what I'm talking about when I mention dumbing down the masses. We unfortunately are becoming an Idiocracy.

19. Aballister

Aballister New Member

The "Bush Lied" challenge is always moot because you obstinately refuse to concede any point. I can easily win a "Obama Lied" challenge by continually shouting and plugging my ears with my fingers. But you do make a valid point, no one so far has presented a decent Bush lie. Even one of my own threads was nothing more than a half-baked, last minute, up-past-bedtime effort.

Try your teeth on those:

Bush: "I don't think we ought to be selling guns to people who shouldn't have them. That's why I support instant background checks at gun shows. One of the reasons we have an instant background check is so that we instantly know whether or not someone should have a gun or not."

Fact: "Bush overstates the effectiveness of instant background checks for people trying to buy guns ... The Los Angeles Times reported on Oct. 3 that during Bush's term as governor, Texas granted licenses for carrying concealed guns to hundreds of people with criminal records and histories of drug problems, violence or psychological disorders." Washington Post, 10/12/00
    "He didn't mention that Texas failed to perform full background checks on 407 people who had prior criminal convictions but were granted concealed handgun licenses under a law he signed in 1995. Of those, 71 had convictions that should have excluded them from having a concealed gun permit, the Texas Department of Public Safety acknowledged." AP, 10/12/00

Bush: "I thought the president made the right decision in joining NATO and bombing Serbia. I supported him when they did so."

Fact: The bombing of Serbia began on March 24, 1999, and Bush did not express even measured support until April 8, 1999 -- nearly two weeks later. Prior to April 8, 1999, every comment by Bush about the bombing was non-committal. Finally, he offered a measured endorsement: "It's important for the United States to be slow to engage the military, but once the military is engaged, it must be engaged with one thing in mind, and that is victory," he said after being pressed by reporters. A Houston Chronicle story documented the Governor's statements on the crisis and reported that "Bush has been widely criticized for being slow to adopt a position on Kosovo and then for making vague statements on the subject." Houston Chronicle, 4/9/99

Bush: Discussing International Loans: "And there's some pretty egregious examples recently, one being Russia where we had IMF loans that ended up in the pockets of a lot of powerful people and didn't help the nation."

Fact: Bush's own vice presidential candidate, Dick Cheney, lobbied for U.S.-backed loan to Russia that helped his own company. "Halliburton Co. lobbied for and received $ 292 million in loan guarantees to develop one of the world's largest oil fields in Russia. Cheney said: 'This is exactly the type of project we should be encouraging if Russia is to succeed in reforming its economy ... We at Halliburton appreciate the support of the Export-Import Bank and look forward to beginning work on this important project.." PR Newswire 4/6/2000.
    The State Department, armed with a CIA report detailing corruption by Halliburton's Russian partner, invoked a seldom-used prerogative and ordered suspension of the loan. The loan guarantee "ran counter to America's 'national interest," the State Department ruled. New Republic, 8/7/00

Bush:"There's a lot of talk about trigger locks being on guns sold in the future. I support that."

Fact: When asked in 1999, if he was in support of mandatory safety locks, Bush said, " No, I'm not, I'm for voluntary safety locks on guns." In March of 2000, Bush said he would not push for trigger lock legislation, but would sign it if it passed [Washington Post, 3/3/00;ABC, Good Morning America, 5/10/99]. When Bush was asked, "when two bills were introduced in the Texas legislature to require the sale of child safety locks with newly purchased handguns, and you never addressed the issue with the legislature, and both bills died. If you support it, why did that happen?" Bush said, "Because those bills had no votes in committee." When asked again if he supported the bills, Bush said, "I wasn't even aware of those bills because they never even got out of committee." NBC, Today Show, 5/12/00

Bush: "We spend $4.7 billion a year on the uninsured in the state of Texas."

Fact: The state of Texas came up with less than $1B for this purpose. $3.5 came from local governments, private providers, and charities, $198M from the federal government, and just less than $1B from Texas state agencies. Source: Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.

20. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

None of those are lies. Pick the strongest one you would like to prosecute Bush on and imaginatively label him a liar.

I can easily hit you with sheer mass.

http://obamalies.net/list-of-lies

Lies During Second Year

We have run out of places in the US to drill for oil.
    Obama’s oval office speech in June 2010

Now suddenly if you don’t have your papers and you took your kid out to get ice cream, you can be harassed, that’s something that could potentially happen.
    Arizona Immigration Law

The Health Care Package will pay for itself
    Time

We shouldn’t Mandate the purchase of health care
    Democratic Debate Lies

I am immediately instituting PayGo “Pay as you go”
    Said during a speech immediately after the Trillion Dollar “Shovel Ready” bill.

I got the Message from Massachusetts
    Daily Bail
    Lies During First Year

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
    Obama Inaugaration. 20 Jan 2009

Health Care deals will be covered on C-span
    Obama Lies

Recovery Act will save or create jobs
    ABC News

Unemployment rate will be 8.5% without stimulus.
    Obama Lies

I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care plan
    Specator.Org

We have launched a housing plan that will help responsible families facing the threat of foreclosure lower their monthly payments and refinance their mortgages.
    Obama Lies

I am not somebody who promotes same-sex marriage.
    NPR

Guantanamo bay to be closed within a year
    Council on Foreign Relations.

Won’t Raise taxes on those making less than 250,000 per year.
    Businessweek: Obama Agnostic on taxes
    List of Tax Promise Violations
    2008 Campaign Lies

Would have the most transparent administration in History
    Cato Institute

I have visited all 57 states.
    Snopes

I’ll get rid of earmarks
    Source: Any bill passed during presidency

When a bill lands on my Desk, The American people will have 5 days to review it before I sign it.
    Campaign Speech

Have troops out of Iraq by March 31, 2009
    News Video

Senors Making less than 50,000 will not have to pay taxes
    YouTube

Would not vote for any bill supporting troop funding without a firm withdrawal commitment from the Bush Administration.
    He has done nothing but continue the Bush admins strategy and to explain how the “surges total failure” has now become his greatest achievement.

Present Votes Are Common In Illinois
    NPR

I Won Michigan
    Huffington Post

I won Nevada
    The Nation

I don’t Have Lobbyists
    US News

My Campaign Had Nothing To Do With The 1984 Ad
    Crooks and Liars

I Have Always Been Against Iraq
    Washington Post

My Wife Didn’t Mean What She Said About Pride In Country
    CNN

Barack was never an ACORN trainer and never worked for ACORN in any other capacity.
    Obama Campaign Video

I Barely Know Rezko
    Sun Times

My Church Is Like Any Other Christian Church
    ABC News