Obama not taxing union "Cadillac" health plans.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Joeslogic, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

2. Aballister

Aballister New Member

The story talked about taxing high-cost insurance plans and raising the threshold by $1000 before the tax takes effects on families. Also anyone who makes $200,000 or less would be excluded from the health plan benefits tax, a concession that would benefit employees who are not unionized as well.

Jon Stewart remarked: "If Obama made cookies rain from the sky, the media would say: Obama leaves millions milkless."

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

So now John Stewart switches from jokes that assault Bush to defending the indefensible and criminal acts of Obama.

What next quotes from Keith Olberman or Mike Moore?

4. Aballister

Aballister New Member

Jokes that assault?
    JOn Stewart was describing the state of the media towards Obama. He didn't point a finger at anyone. By the way, I remember republicans saying the same thing about the media when Bush was around, no matter what he did there was always some sort of backlash.

Get off your mighty self-righteous horse and take that opportunity to swallow a chill pill.

5. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Well at least you just admited Jon Stewart is a Democrat and part of the left wing agenda.

Man I got some snow pictures from Canada holy sheeeit with some crazy Canooks out in it. i'll see if I can dig em up and post them the amount of snow is unbelievable.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  6. Aballister

Aballister New Member

It got pretty bad in Alberta last week, almost a foot of snow in a day. In my area it's unseasonnably warm, above 0 celsius in January is always a bad omen, it'll be a long winter.

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Those snow pics are in the "Winter Wonderland?" post. It got cols enough here in Dallas to freeze my swimming pool thick enough to support my weight. That is unheard of really and this was the first week of January. December of last year was the coldest on record for 115 years or something like that. But its all good cause Monday its gonna be in the 60s here.

8. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

Jon Stewart is a left wing liberal. That doesn't stop him from making fun of democrats though. He'll take shots at anyone for a laugh.

9. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I don't mind John to much I rarely watch him I just feel compelled to point it out. I know you're smart enough to see the difference but there are a lot of sheeple out there if there is humor out there with a political statement to it that's what they form their opinion on.

10. Aballister

Aballister New Member

How do you feel about Denis Miller?

11. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

Dennis Miller is a right wing conservative. Doesn't stop him from poking fun at republicans though. He mostly slams the liberals though. He's a funny dude.

12. Aballister

Aballister New Member

My point exactly, why freaking out about Jon Stewart and saying things like: "the liberal agenda" or "the sheeples can't tell a joke from reality"? There are conservative comics too.

13. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

What one in every five? When Dennis Miller came out as a Conservative comic he severely limited his career options. John, Stewart, Keith Olberman, Bill Maher, all the late night shows and dozens of other comedians proved their liberal loyalty and enhanced their careers. Make no mistake about it the comedic field is overwhelmingly liberal. This is because of the liberal machine that turns the cogs in that industry.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  14. Aballister

Aballister New Member

I never really thought of Keith Olbermann as a comic.

Tell me one thing though, why is Fox (a conservative network) featuring programs like The Simpsons and Family Guy? I think the reason is that conservatives take themselves so seriously and you just can't help but poke fun at people like that. If I made fun of your conservatism and you brushed it off without a fuss, I would tire pretty quickly.

I don't know, comedians in Canada don't make a living out of politics, maybe I'm not used to it as much or something.

I say take it easy and don't get offended so much, who cares what Jon Stewart has to say? It's funny but only a moron would take it seriously.
    Nothing funnier than a stuck-up conservative getting red faced over a Simpsons episode, and that's precisely why we keep coming back.

15. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I like the Simpson's, and King of the Hill myself.

16. Aballister

Aballister New Member

King of the Hill was pretty good up until the point they decided to give him a half-brother (Good Hank or something). The Simpsons will always remain popular no matter what they say.