Nostril pain

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by Nauseous, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

My nostril has been bothering me for a few days. I thought it was just dry and ignored it. It feels crusty and bloody and dry, yet runny sometimes. I looked at it with an otoscope and it's really red and has little red spots in it. I'm all worried it's a staph infection. Anyone ever had one in their nose?

Guess I am going to the DR tomorrow. I just started using saline today. I want to put neosporin in it and just wait it out, but I guess I will just go to the doctor.

It seems to bleed a lot. Not a lot of blood, just see blood on the tissue when I pick it and I get the crusty blood boogers.

2. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

when I worked at an art store as a teen... it was so dry in there, I would get exactly what you have... . The guy that owned the place told me to put carmax in my nose... I did and it worked. I also used chap stick as well. I remember always explaining why I had carmax... having to tell everyone "no I have never had a herpes or fever blister... it is for my nose holes"

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

You should really utilize OTC Neosporin + Pain Relief ointment (tri-antibiotic cream with a local anesthetic built-in) - or the generic equivalent.

Try applying it to the affected area with a q-tip?

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I have some. I was just paranoid about the triple antibiotic stuff. I think it says for external use only.

5. GAS

GAS New Member

That's pretty much external as long as you're not shoving it way the fuck up into your sinuses. Should be ok says Dr. GAS.

Post pics.

6. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

You want to see the pics of inside someone's nose? I already looked on youtube.

It still feels gross. Been doing the saline and used some bacitracin. It doesn't really hurt, just feels like there is a big crusty booger in there but I can't find anything. It bleeds slightly when I blow it or root around too hard with a kleenex, even though the kleenex has been doused with saline.

Carmex... that stuff is really menthol-ey if I remember correctly. I got some when I was a teenager because Allure magazine named it as a great lip moisturizer... some makeup artist swore by it.

7. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Sounds like Clamydia.

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Just as long as it's not Chlamydia.

9. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

My nostril is feeling a lot better today. But my head is all static and hate.

10. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

That's just the herpes setting in... ;)