Nissan Xterra

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Nauseous, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Thoughts? I just looked at a used one today and drove it. I like it well enough. It's no frills. It has power everything, cruise, a toe package, step bars and a roof rack and junk like that but it's not really posh or modern. Like I said it was used but in good condition and driven about 10k annually. It was a local trade so it wasn't an auction car.

Anyone know anyone who has one and if so how much they like it? I could possibly see myself getting bored with it, but I dunno. After I drove it, I didn't think much about it but since I got home, I keep wondering... "Should I?" and I hate that.

Reviews from Edmunds say the gas mileage sucks, but right now I am getting about 15mpg with my car as cold as it has been.

2. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Make that a tow package. :p

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Oh, and it's 2WD (rear). So I am thinking that it will go like shit in the snow and I will have to drive my car in the winter.

4. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I like them. We have been looking at them too. They are relatively inexpensive (an 07 for 14500.00 with about 17k miles on it).

My wifes friend has one and thats what got her looking at it. We have the V-6 Accord and it gets about 18 which really isnt that great, so its not really worse than what we already got.

Plus it's a Nissan and with proper maintenance will last forever.

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I decided against it. I'm going to pay off my medical bills and three of my credit card in the next month, and then work on just one of my credit cards to get it paid off and be debt free aside from the mortgage.

I am spending the money I would spend on a car payment on shit for the house. I am going to go nuts on it.

6. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Managing your bills will pay off a lot more in the long run. Then if you just save that monthly payment you can buy the vehicle you want cash. It's nice when they ask you how much you want to put down and you can say 'all of it'.

They really hate it when you dont finance, but then again, who cares? There little kickback from the banks is a real cash cow for them.

We lease the wifes car (a 100% write-off) so when it's up we will probably just buy her an Xterra.