Nissan 300ZX Turbo

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Nauseous, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Going to look at one tomorrow. I'm supposed to be looking for a truck because I decided that would be the perfect second vehicle, but this damn ZX is tempting me.

Anyone know much about them?

2. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Not really, but if you get one with any wheels you'd like to keep, I've got a set of locking lugnuts for a Nissan (with the key, of course.)

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Too late about the car. Oh, well. I'm getting a truck. Probably a Ford Ranger or something small like that. Lomo, your Ranger held up really well in your crash, didn't it?

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Rolled it 4 & 3/4 times, when it stopped, we were sideways, with the driver's window facing the sky. 1994 single cab (last year before they put airbags in 'em,) and neither one of us were wearing our seat belts. The rear window was composed of four pieces of glass, and none of them broke - the A pillars and the front of the roof caved in a bit, the rest of the glass broke, but we both crawled out of the driver's window with just a few scratches.

It was a great little truck. It sacrificed it's life to save ours.

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

That's what I'm getting then.

6. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

You won't be disappointed.

In fact, bring it down here some time and we can compare the interior ballistics with a newer model like yours...

I should be able to replicate the same trajectory on that S-curve, given a full moon, and the presence of deer... :rolleyes:

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I'm game. I haven't been in a wreck for a few months.

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Are they dependable? My ex boyfriend had one... an '02, I think and I don't remember him having too much trouble with it.

9. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Never did a thing but change the oil in it. Maybe blow out the air filter a few times, probably replaced once.

I think I had to replace the fuel filter at one point, but I can't remember. At any rate, if anything, it was strictly minor 'maintenance' and not 'repair' the whole time I owned it. I think I put around 80K miles on it before the 'tumble (bought it new.)

10. Dogg

Dogg New Member

wicked cars dude. id luv 1 but cant afford it atm. u gota buy it...