New old car I want

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Nauseous, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Yeah, I hate seeing fat people in little cars. I saw this fat woman in a solara, while not a tiny car, she looked bad in it. I saw some fat bitch in a 300ZX and I wanted to punch her. I have wanted one of those cars forever and I would have looked better in it and the shocks would have appreciated it.

2. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Are you referring to the nice sleek 90s model 300? The one they made the twin-turbo and non-turbo models?

I like that one, kinda iffy on the older 240z, 280z.

But Id never fit in one. My wife test drove a Honda S2000, she brings it home and says 'take it for a spin'. So I squeeze into it, and when I closed the door my knee was pinned to the steering wheel. The same thing happened with that pontiac solstice. Sweet looking car, but its made for midgets. I felt like a giant with my knees all up by the steering wheel, like I was in a go cart.

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Yeah, but husband said he would buy a solstice but he bitches about my car being too small.

Yes, the 90's models. One of the most beautiful cars ever made and I will own one.

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I should have bought that one I saw a few years back. It was black. The interior was kinda shitty and leather though, but the body was good and it wasn't expensive.

As far as a new little sporty car, I like the RX8, but I was always a fan of the RX7.

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I go through this spells were I want an SUV and then I want a pickup and then I want a sedan and then I want a coupe. Today I want a coupe. Last week I wanted a RAV4.

6. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Oh yeah, and I still want an MR2... even a 90's model but I would rather have a 240SX. I have fond memories of a 240SX and I still think they are nice looking (the ?-92 models, not the last models made).

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Oh, and a Mitsubishi Conquest. Had a friend with one of those and had a lot of fun it it. Almost died a few times, but it was an awesome car.

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

The 240SX with the ass end like this.

My ex boyfriend had one and he sold it some time after we broke up. I would have bought it from him. Dick. I loved that car.

9. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I knew a couple of people that had those SXs. One girl had a convertible one. They are pretty nice little cars.

I like the RX-8, but like most new cars its smallish. Sounds funny when you get on it too.

I really like Dodge trucks, they are easy to work with and very reliable. The problem with the small cars, like my acura, is that if someone is riding with me we are pretty much shoulder to shoulder.

I think I am going to make my next cheap car purchase a 'business' decision. That way when it comes time for it to go, it doesnt take so long to get rid of, and I make some money on it.

10. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

11. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Nope. I liked Steven Kings The Dark Half movie where the guy drives a black Toronado. I think it was a '69. It was an awesome car.

12. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

The Olds Toronado my brother had a late 70's one that I thought was butt ugly. It was a big ass boat of a car and he wreaked it. Then has it towed to the house. A big pile of junk in the drive way. So I pulled the 403 motor out and helped a buddy of mine put it in his 67 Cutlass. That was a kick ass ride.

The Olds 403 has a short stroke crank about the same stroke as a 350 but some bug ass fat pistons and more importantly large ass intake and exhaust valves. All you need is a decent intake and exhaust to open it up and make good top end power. I say top end power because with the short stroke crank it makes power at a higher RPM than a typical 400 cu inch motor.

Never a real popular motor for hot rodding though because of the weak main web. But it worked great in that Cutlass. There was a special edition Pontiac Trans-Am formula car I forget what year that used the 403. I think maybe 79.

Found it:

Bore: 4.350"
    Stroke: 3.385"
    Rod size: 2.50"
    Main Size: 2.125"

Note that's I believe a bigger bore than the Chevy 454 big block (not going to bother looking) and the crank on a Chevy 350 small block is 3.45 or 3.48

Another thing that motor was lacking was compression. I think this motor is one of the most under rated motors out there.