New in Town

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by MAJ Havoc, Aug 5, 2009.

1. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Bottom Line Up Front: Lame

I rented this romcom for the wife and myself the other night. I like J.K. Simmons and Harry Connick, Jr. and I can tolerate Renee "I look like I just smelled a fart" Zelwegger enough to get through a movie so I thought it would be half-ass enjoyable. I wasn't "suck out loud" bad like (insert any Chris Elliott movie here) but it was hardly worth the $1.11 I paid the Redbox to get it for the evening. If you've seen "The Holiday" (Cameron Diaz/Jude Law), then you've seen this movie. If you've seen neither, just catch a Hugh Grant re-run on USA and call it a night.

2. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

You weren't "suck out loud" bad? ;)

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Two things:

One: Is your sales tax actually 12 cents on the dollar, or are RedBox movies priced higher than 99 cents?

Two: I rather enjoyed the "Cabin Boy" Chris Elliot movie. Especially David Letterman's "Would you like to buy a monkey?" cameo (which is uncredited, too!) It was a corny movie and I think Elliot nailed the role. :biggrin:

4. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Quite a slip, no? Where was my head? I mean, what was I thinking?

1) I think it's a dollar, but whatever all the fees are, I think $1.11 is the amount I got charged.

2) You can have my copy of "Cabin Boy" if I haven't already tossed it. I guess he was ok in "Something About Mary" but "Scary Movie 2" was a turd.

5. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Damn, he was in more movies? I never knew...