Nation's '2nd Most Dangerous City' To Lay Off Nearly Half Of Police Force...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Joeslogic, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Camden City Council Approves Massive Police And Fire Layoffs

Gov Christie should just throw a big ass tarp over this place and fumigate it all. Then bulldoze it down.

99.99999% democrats.

168 Comments
    sam

Sing along with me now people ‘ obama’s gonna change it and rearrange it, obama’s gonna change the world’ ….what a joke and a lie modern liberalism is!

December 2, 2010 at 10:07 pm | Reply | Report comment
    Mel Anosis

Classic big government nonsense. When you are in a financial mess, threaten to lay off police and firefighters to scare the public into paying higher taxes and driving business out of the area making the problem worse. Of course, they won’t fire the paper shufflers in administrative jobs throughout city goverenment…….just the cops and hose jockeys. If citizens fall for this nonsense they deserve what they get.

December 2, 2010 at 10:07 pm | Reply | Report comment
    RobbieK

A friend of my brother’s drove through Camden, NJ in the late 70′s in his Dodge Charger and about 20 Blacks ran out into the street to block his car. He was taking a shortcut home from work. They wouldn’t move, and when 3 pulled out guns, he turned his Dodge Charger into a weapon and floored it. Three hit the hood and went flying over the roof. One he hit really hard and knocked at least 30 feet. He never looked back and never cared and I’m sure the cops didn’t either.

December 2, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Reply | Report comment
    RazzleDazzle

Camden is Planet of the Apes! Where is Roddy McDowell to save them? The cops should live in subway tunnels until we can rebuild the city.

December 2, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Reply | Report comment
    Honest John

Consider all of the taxpayer money that is UTTERLY WASTED on the public school bureaucracies including sports programs! I’d bet the numbers from Camdem would be mind boggling – as they would from most Democrat controlled areas. Hey, not that the Repubs aren’t bad enough, BUT the Dems are completely over the top.

December 2, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Reply | Report comment

Pingback: Liberal Policy About to Literally Kill Americans? « Surviving California $$$$
    Honest John

Government workers and their sycophants in the welfare state actually believe that they are the “important ones” – hence the outrageously high salaries and benefits. Why on earth are we taxpayers, funding NPR and the NEA? Why are we funding lavish parties for the White House folk? Why all the enormous travel expenses for US govt folk? Are their trips really that important??? Surely they think so – an Alice in Wonderland mentality.

December 2, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Reply | Report comment
    Thom

Liberalism = failure, spending too much money, and an inferior education. Great job Camden, wow you guys are so smart! Keep voting Democrat!

December 2, 2010 at 9:51 pm | Reply | Report comment
    tycade

Good! They must not be doing any good anyway…Fire the police and firemen, and hand out guns and fire extinguishers. Probably will be a lot safer town.

December 2, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Reply | Report comment
    Craig

Very strange isn’t it that localities with the strictest gun laws also have the highest crime rates in the nation. Localities which have laws which make it easy for the average citizen to both own and carry a gun have the lowest crime rates. Gosh one would think the liberals would have enough brains to figure out that the type of gun laws that places like Ny and NJ have simply do not work!

December 2, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Reply | Report comment
    Mike

Strict gun laws in Camden? There are probably ten guns fior every person in Camden…

December 2, 2010 at 9:51 pm | Reply | Report comment
    Paul

I want to move there…Sounds exciting

December 2, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Reply | Report comment
    pinion

Come to MN, at least we don’t pay our city officials fortunes.

December 2, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Reply | Report comment
    RobbieK

That’s because Minnesota is a cheap skate State! Believe me, I’ve been there. Sky high home prices and paltry wages and salaries.

December 2, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Reply | Report comment
    BenFranklin

I had a dream, that little black children, and white children and red children and yellow children grow up and learn their government is a corporation bent on working the people like a nazi concentration camp and they banded together and beat their computers in to weapons and defeated these thugs with badges and bankers in business suits and got their Republic back…god help us if we don’t have that story to tell our grandkids

December 2, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Reply | Report comment
    Dan

This is just the first part of the government bubble bursting much like the tech bubble, housing bubble, and all the other bubbles. Its just sad the doughnut eaters will have to find a real job and not be able to spend the day riding around hassling people.

Its about time, we have too many cops, too many prisons, and too many laws on the books. Time to get lean and productive again.

December 2, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Reply | Report comment
    Soapymac

…and just where do ou stand on our Second Amendment rights?

December 2, 2010 at 9:33 pm | Reply | Report comment
    RC

Now if we can just get them to layoff a lot of the non-productive administration people they will be on the path to full recovery. It never ceases to amaze me that a liberal always wants to hurt the voter so they only cut essential services and never the bloated overhead of the government. Perhaps now is the time to try real cuts and real savings.

December 2, 2010 at 10:05 pm | Reply | Report comment
    Justin Timberlake

I thought the Federal stimulus was supposed to “save” these jobs. What a bunch of horse$h!t!!

December 2, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Reply | Report comment
    ftknoxinfo says

“Urban Renewal”

December 2, 2010 at 9:14 pm | Reply | Report comment
    j estes

send jobs over seas
    means no rev-anew, no corp taxes, less funds, government waste, bet the conceal did not take pay cut or side line one of there pork projects,

December 2, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Reply | Report comment
    RobbieK

And you can blame ol’ Clinton for that. It all happened when he gave China most favored nation status.

December 2, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Reply | Report comment
    Justin Case

I think it is time to get a map of where all the banks in Camden are. Sounds like easy pickings to me. Loot the government buildings. Who will stop you? Not the liberals who will only help haul the gasoline for $5 an hour. California doesn’t need to fall into the ocean, it has already fell into the hands for liberals. Need a job robbing and killing people?, come to San Francisco or San Jose and you get a ‘get out of jail free’ card. But if you are not an illegal alien and have assets the government can take, steal or confiscate, be prepared to give it up or be shot dead by the corrupt police and city attorneys hear who get paid by the criminals to look the other way.

December 2, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Reply | Report comment
    MIDI-mayhem

exactly why tell everyone ….they think crinimals cant read or spel .same thing in s.f. when the weekly said the police dont investigate most misdemeanors like car break-ins or theft oh woops did I say that.

December 2, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Reply | Report comment
    marco

WOW, the donut shops are gonna be sad.

December 2, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Reply | Report comment

Pingback: Camden City Council Approves Massive Police And Fire Layoffs - MassCops
    Bob

Just Google image search ‘camden nj ghetto’ to learn all you need to know.

December 2, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Reply | Report comment
    worldfullofidiots

God bless the Police and Fire professionals soon losing their jobs. We are moving to becoming a third world country!

December 2, 2010 at 8:40 pm | Reply | Report comment
    Dave

We need police and teachers unions to accept significant pay cuts. Additionally, and just as importantly, we need to require significant benefit cuts in he form os higher medical premium co-pays, higher deductibles, longer benefit vesting schedules, later retirements, reduced post retirement medical benefits, elimination of COLAS, etc. He private sector largely completed these cuts over the past 10 years to remain competitive and reduce the need for layoffs but the public sector has delayed the inevitable and are still relying primarily on layoffs rather than changing the price hey pay for labor. The unions can blame themselves for the result, not the Governor.

December 2, 2010 at 8:37 pm | Reply | Report comment
    BBUB DC

Shut up and live with it. You elected you politicians and got what you wanted. TOUGH COOKIES.

December 2, 2010 at 8:35 pm | Reply | Report comment
    serr8d

New Jersey just sent a man to prison for 7 years for having an unloaded gun locked in the trunk of his car! This sorry State won’t even allow private citizens to self-protect. What a bunch of lefty losers.

TANSTAAFL, people. Take back your government, your streets. Arm yourself. Be STRONG AMERICANS AGAIN !

December 2, 2010 at 8:24 pm | Reply | Report comment
    booger

Amen Brother, lock and load

December 2, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Reply | Report comment
    George

Now this is change you can believe in! I bet Camden voted at least 90% for Obama and I’m laughing my arse off.

December 2, 2010 at 8:23 pm | Reply | Report comment
    Dredd

Who needs cops? Your strict gun laws should keep you safe, right?

December 2, 2010 at 8:23 pm | Reply | Report comment