My ears

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by Nauseous, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Are red, itchy and burny. I haven't used any new products so that can't be it. I don't have piercings. Well, I had pierced ears as a kid but I haven't worn earrings in like 20 years or so so no new jewelry either. I have tried diphenhydramine, loratadine, atenolol, hydrocortisone cream, tea tree oil.. nothing works. Only thing that gives me relief from the itching is Benadryl cream. WTF? How long should I go through this before I call a doctor? Anyone dealt with it?

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Inside the canal or just the outside?

Taking anything with a high level of Niacin? I take it at high levels to control cholesterol and my skin flushes sometimes it looks like I have a severe sun burn but it does not hurt. My ears itch though.

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Just the outer lobe. Oh and no niacin.

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Went to one of those quick doctor deals where you see an MD that's not good enough to have their own practice. He didn't even look in my ear, even though one is now swollen in the canal and painful. Gave me this ointment to apply to my ears and an oral antibiotic. The ointment burns like a bitch, worse than my initial complaint. Heh. Gonna ride it out and see what happens. I'm hoping the big node behind my ear goes down. That thing is freaky!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010