MY DOG

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Nauseous, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I got a dog from the Humane Society last week and he's as cute as can be, but the fucker started peeing in his crate AND he peed on the kitchen floor tonight. I don't know what to do with him. Anyone have any tips for housebreaking dogs?

I'm not going to be able to put up with it. I have been stressed about this dog as it is. I like animals. I just don't like having them in my house. I have to clean constantly and he has had two baths in one week. I'm constantly cleaning because I feel like dogs are dirty and yucky. I miss my raccoons. They were the best. They lived under my old apt and I fed them every night. I had about 7 or them and they would come up to you and you could pet them. I miss them so much. :(

Anyway, any humane ideas?

2. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Oh yeah and I saw that he peed on my resume. It's hard to tell where he has peed that I don't know about. He's getting on my fucking nerves. I can't take the responsibilty of owning a pet. I like wild animals.

3. StrangelyBrown

StrangelyBrown Member

Firstly stop washing them so much...... you are getting rid of the natural oils on their skin that help protect them and their coat.

Ok training dogs to pee...... fun.

Put down paper nearest the door, every time it starts to pee pick it up and run to that paper. PRAISE IT NON STOP FOR going on the paper. Soon it will go to the door to pee. Repeat making it pee outside, again PRAISE LOTS for peeing outside.

Only ever give it a dressing down if you catch it in the act, if you come home and its peed it aint gonna know why ur yelling. It will think you're just some moody lunatic.

Bottom line - there is no quick way, it takes time and patience.......

Your vet is the best person to give this advice.

4. Deebo57

Deebo57 New Member

yea, bathing a dog excessively is bad for them,what I did to housebreak my dog was SCREAM at his ass everytime he started to pee inside the house,seriously scream like youre flipping out at the fact that hes pissing/shitting inside the house,the paper idea is good also,but you can also take him outside instead when he's peeing,like that he'll learn to not even THINK about pissing inside,needless to say my dog brings me his leash now whenever he wants to go outside

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Well, at 10AM, I'm taking his ass back to the Humane Society. I feel bad, but I tried to put him in his crate so I could go to sleep and for two hours the fucking bastard cried and raised hell. AND he pissed in his crate. I don't get it. He was really good about his crate and pissing until today. I yelled at him and he hid under the bed and wouldn't get out, finally he did and I tried to get him out of the bedroom and he tried to go back under the bed so I smacked him twice and he just kind of layed there, all surprised... Then I cried. I am a big time animal person... been a vegetarian for 11 years, but I have NEVER came so close to beating the fuck out of an animal in all of my life. I don't have the patience to take care of a dog. He's bringing out feelings of anger in me that only humans have been able to bring out. The shitty thing is he's a really sweet dog! I mean, he wouldn't bite a soul. He bathes well and will let you take a bone out of his mouth. I mean, he's a downright pussy. And he has one of those faces that you just can't stay mad at, but I am far too crazy and neurotic to deal with him. He deserves better than that. This fucking sucks. I don't want him to go back there and get gassed, but I don't know anyone who would take him. I would pay to get him neutered and give away all of his toys and crate and the whole nine yards if I could just find him a nice home. I'm an unstable piece of shit and one of us has to die. I guess I am more of a cat person.

BOTTOM LINE: SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR PETS

6. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

Pets are like relationships, sometimes it works out. But, with pets, there's a higher sucess ratio. Probably because a dog won't call you a tramp if you stumble in too late or chew yer ass for playing poker all night.

I'm more of a cat person myself.

7. Deebo57

Deebo57 New Member

Pukey,you have no patience for a dog,but dont give him back to the Humane Society,they're anything but that...if you say the dogs so cute,put up posters,'FREE TO A GOOD HOME' someone will show up,or stand in front of a Petsmart and offer the dog to people.

8. Schmed

Schmed New Member

Just pee on the dog when it pees in the house, i dont know if that will work but it might be a good time.

9. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I would rather spray him on the face with Lysol.

I don't want take him back to the pound. My mission is to find him a home asap. Anyone want a so-called lab shar pei mix? He really just looks like a miniture rottweiler with a tail. If I had enough battery juice in my camera, I'd post his pic.

10. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Fuck what the humane society says... He is a rottweiler mix... looks almost exactly like this:

11. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Wait. I saved a pic from petfinder when he was on there.

Lemme see if this works.

12. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

Dogs are trainable, if ya still got the patience. With disipline, remember yer trying to teach, not retaliate.

You have about half a second to spank, spray or yell at yer dog for them to associate your responce with their action.

And! When you take him out for him to business, reward him with praise when he pees outside.

13. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I do praise him EVERY time he pees outside and when he shits in the neighbor's yard. That's another thing. He won't go in our yard. It's been raining like a bitch because of hurricane Ivan and I have to take him across the street to shit. I'm not up for that in the winter. How do you get your dog to shit in his own yard? I think that I saw some stuff at the pet store that is supposed to make them want to go where you spray it, but I may have been wrong.

BTW, thanks for everyone's advise. Seems like we got some dog owners up in heah. Believe it or not, I had dogs for 20 years. Just never had to teach one anything.

14. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

*advice* I do that everytime.

15. Deebo57

Deebo57 New Member

they sell some shit in the petstore that has like another dogs pheremones in it....should make your dog wanna shit/pee in his own yard...it will take a good month before he's fully house trained

16. Deebo57

Deebo57 New Member

and if that shit at the petstore doesnt work or you cant find it/dont wanna buy it....just stay in your yard when you walk him hes gotta shit sometime....

17. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

face it Barfy, you're evil.

18. Deebo57

Deebo57 New Member

and if your still havin trouble,pukey,ask RAT how she was house trained,oughta help

19. jennismadd

jennismadd New Member

what happened to the dog?
    i have lots of suggestions but dont want to type out a bunch of crap if hes gone...
    btw not to make you feel guilty but if you do/did take him back to the pound, he will prob be put down for being a "problem"
    i worked in a pound for about 6 months- it sucks...
    ok ok so wheres puppy?

20. Deebo57

Deebo57 New Member

yea barfy wheres the follow up to this story?