Metallica - Death Magnetic

Discussion in 'Music' started by phatboy, Feb 20, 2009.

1. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I just added this to my MP3 player, should be nice for snowboarding to this weekend.

Im an old fan, so this CD is a nice 'back to the roots' type CD.

2. Schmed

Schmed New Member

I agree, I think I like this better than the Black album. Though nothing beats Ride the Lightning.

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Heh... I was in the car the other day and turned on the radio (I never listen to the radio) and heard some new Metallica and asked my husband, "Who likes this shit? Do you think there are people out there listening to this shaking their fist and getting all pumped up and saying, "Yeah... fucking Metallica!"

I guess so. :confused:

I think they get worse and worse and their sound is really dated and he needs to quit putting "ye--ah--uh" and the end of every word. Listen to ANY of their songs and he will do it to at least a few of the words. It's so annoying. I hate them.

Sorry. End of tirade. ;)

4. Reizvolles

Reizvolles Active Member

If I had to pick an album that was their "prime", I would say it would be a toss up between Lightning and Puppets. My dad was a huge fan and was listening from when they started in '81 and I developed a love of them too after listening to them nearly every day.

5. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I liked lightning a lot. The radio is only playing 'Cyanide' here, which isnt one of my favorites on the CD. It sounds, at times, that everyone is just playing whatever they want to kind of like a jam session at an alzheimers convention. However a lot of the CD has more of an 'old stuff' sound to it.

The need to quit trying to re-invent themselves and stick to what works. Of course its probably hard to be filled with resentment and angst when you are a multi-millionaire.

6. RedMist

RedMist New Member

My oldest son is a diehard Metallica fan. He is 23 yrs of age! He's been to many of their concerts. Im an older dude myself, 52 and I still like them!

7. GAS

GAS New Member

Master of Puppets is hands down my favorite Metallica album. I gotta buy it again for like the tenth time.

Musically speaking I think the newest album is okay but James' voice just gets on my nerves now. It's like a weird lounge singer/hard rock vocal thing.

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Is is the "AHHH" he puts at the end of everything?

Whisky in the jar-ooo-----ahhh

God, I hate that song.

9. GAS

GAS New Member

Exactly! He does that entirely too much now.

10. phatboy

phatboy New Member

He's old, thats probably him catching his breath.

11. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

It's him looking at the ticker next to the microphone that tracks every residual penny earned from the first four album sales.

That being said, I did like the new one more than any of the shit they've put out since the first four.

12. Schmed

Schmed New Member

The one thing that bugs me about this album is hearing Hetfield use an autotuner for probably 75% of the album...and yes the AHHHHH'sss ala jump in the fireyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

13. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I want to spackle his face.

14. jwandhistools

jwandhistools New Member

They were great when they were young and still had the fire.
    Now they are just old men in a band.
    Kirk never could play worth a crap anyway.
    The solos at the beginning of "One" make me laugh.
    Sounds like a 5 year old.

15. Funkneefriend

Funkneefriend New Member

Semper Fi ! Do you think "Chesty Puller" would be a "DeadHead" type of guy?