Metallica -Death Magnetic-New album.

Discussion in 'Music' started by Gibbyhaynesbrowneye, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Gibbyhaynesbrowneye

Gibbyhaynesbrowneye New Member

Their last 3 albums sucked but I heard the new one (comes out Sept 17) and it totally destroys. I am almost thinking it will knock them back up to the level of fame they were at with the Black Album. Its 100% better then St.Anger. Well anything was better then that shit. I dont know why they waited so long to get HEAVY again and ruined what was a great legacy with load/reload and all the other shit they have done. This album slays.

2. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Did they get a new singer? :p

I can't deal with the "Ahh" he puts after everything he sings.

3. Gibbyhaynesbrowneye

No but he kind of cut alot of that out!

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

This album actually impressed me. PM me if you want it.

5. Gibbyhaynesbrowneye

I sent Lars your info. You should be hearing from him soon!

6. Bamboozle

Bamboozle New Member

I lost my virginity after a Metallica cover band show. I told some stupid drunk bitch that I was with the band. I was driving a Ford Econovan at the time. I don't know if she thought it was a tour bus or what but it worked. She kept asking me where my drumsticks were. I dont know what that was all about.

where can I hear a preview of this junk?

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

8. moremetal4mepls

moremetal4mepls New Member

I have to agree /c Gibby on this. This album is long past due! I was so bummed when they started playing radio friendly bullshit!!!
    I do think this album may just bump them back up to being the band that was the awesomely heavy shit I listened to as a kid, and still to this day!

9. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I've been saying all along... This fucking album kicks... Why doesn't anyone believe me?

10. moremetal4mepls

moremetal4mepls New Member

I believe you, I just heard it before this post ever came about....

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

11. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Listening to it right now... Glad to hear that they're FINALLY getting back to their roots...

12. BullGod666

BullGod666 Member

I beg to differ with you gibby, but until St Anger was made they hadn't made a great album since ..... And Justice for all. The black album ushered in the days of main stream Metallica, far different from the speed metal that had made so many like their music. Money obviously was the motive behind the "radio" music of Metallica, prolly Lars' idea. St Anger was an attempt to regain their prowess as a metal band and it was a lot better than the radio shit they hads been pumping out. Lars didn't like it because it only sold about 4 million albums not their normal 8 million since becoming mainstream.

13. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

For what it's worth, I actually purchased this album today (err... yesterday) - that's quite an endorsement from me. :rolleyes:

14. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

That's prettah funnyah!