Marines involved in the Haditha incident are innocent

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by Joeslogic, May 31, 2006.

1. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

This is just the typical strategy to release a headline with trumped up charges against the Marines strategically on Memorial Day. No different than the suspicious timing of several other news reports many of which discussed on this forum by myself.

2. diogenes

diogenes New Member

I think they'll be aquitted, but this is sensationalism again. War sells papers. That's the way it is. Deal with it.

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Hell is the last place I want to go to but if I do at least one upside is I'll get the chance to put my hands around that Murtha asshole's neck.

Your right though sensationalism sells.

4. diogenes

diogenes New Member

John Murtha? The decorated Vietnam veteran? Man who probably witnessed actual war atrocities? Man who actually fought on the ground? You're high Joe. Don't even try and blame this on him. It's sensationalism. I don't think the soldiers were right to do what they did, but I don't think that they're murderers either. It was a mistake on their part. There should be an investigation. And there will be, and if anyone did anything wrong they'll be punished. None of this has anything to do with John Murtha.

5. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

John Murtha is both an opportunist as well as a puppet. Passing judgment publicly condemning the soldiers to a guilty verdict without a trial is for me inexcusable.

6. diogenes

diogenes New Member

And saying they are categorically innocent without a trial is foolishness as well. John Murtha has good intentions. His means may be iffy, but he wants what's best for America, and I can empathize with him on that. This is definitely going to scar the international image of the United States, and that's not good given the war we are fighting against insurgency that thinks we are tyrannical and infidels.

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

All the more reason to be pissed at J Murtha.

Remember Dio think about what you just said ok? I know that you believe they should be considered as innocent if not until proven guilty at least till we have the facts laid out. I personally am ready to give them a great deal of leeway towards innocence if I understand a few simple things correctly. I don't want to get into the details right now but at least let’s say innocent until proven guilty.

Innocent means assuming innocence in my book. Sorry but I am an ex Marine you can possibly say this tints my view but I see that very clearly.

8. diogenes

diogenes New Member

Your status as an ex-marine is irrelevant, as is John Murtha. If I remember correctly he's calling for an investigation, and if I'm wrong feel free to present the evidence otherwise.

9. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Several reports I read stated that the Marines were guilty of atrocities and that follow-up comments laid the blame at the steps of the Whitehouse due to excessive and unnecessary stress levels on the troops.

If this is true then symbolically he is guiltier than they are. Hell screw symbolically he IS more guilty.

(FACT) There was a roadside explosive device.
    (FACT) It killed one of their fellow Marines.
    (FACT) They had every reason to believe they were in a life or death situation. (Because they were)
    (FACT) The explosive was most likely remotely detonated by either the "Collage Students" in the taxi, or one of the various village people staring at them from the close approximate locations that were then counter attacked by the Marines.
    (LIKELY) That the village persons upon detonating the explosive successfully then went into a loud and boisterous victory dance and whatever the fuck yodel type thing they do.
    (FACT) They were in one of the most hostile areas towards the American troops.
    (NEAR CERTIANTY) That they had been briefed as much.

And this is a really huge big gigantic whopper of a fact:

(FACT) The condemnation and conviction by the world media will manipulate the actions of terrorists and emboldening them to try to entice the troops, create similar scenarios. Thus making the mission more dangerous and more difficult.

If the Marines are guilty under these circumstances of rushing to judgment over where the enemy was located. Under the circumstances that that rush to judgment was committed I find the Marines much more forgivable than John Murtha's rush to judgment.

The point made:

(LIKELY) That the village persons upon detonating the explosive successfully then went into a loud and boisterous victory dance and whatever the fuck yodel type thing they do.

Is the kind of thing some sick perverted mind of a prosecutor would use as proof the Marines reacted in anger. Before that happens I’ll say that this is not true it instead is more of an indication of the mindset of the people acknowledging to the Marines of the danger that they were in.

10. diogenes

diogenes New Member

I was talking about Proof that John Murtha specifically said they were guilty, but nice answer for a question I didn't ask.

11. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I had to type what I was thinking before my thought processes was lost. But that is what I understand John said I would love to see the real and not partial but complete text.

12. diogenes

diogenes New Member

Of course, you can probably find it somewhere. If I dig up a copy I'll post it.

13. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Cool till then I'll try to hold some judgment. But its really hard cause I'm pissed at the mere idea right now.

14. diogenes

diogenes New Member

You should probably drink more then. You're in-laws still in town?

15. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Man its awsome they are freaking gone left at 1900 on a plane to John Wayne airport. Don't get me wrong I'm not gonna say anything bad about them but after over 21 days shit its nice to be able to. Go jump in the pool and not to have to worry about swimtrunks. Have an honest debate with my wife argue about what we want without the peanut gallery. All that shit that I was taking for granted. Heh did I forget sex wherever and whenever I want it?

16. diogenes

diogenes New Member

Good times. I don't have in-laws. For that reason I may believe there is a God.

17. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Heh I just had a revelation. Ah I gotta go, thanks for the thought provoking diatribe. But I have other more important goals to accomplish and still get maybe 6 hours sleep. If it works out like I'm thinking I'll be sleeping like a baby.

18. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

19. diogenes

diogenes New Member

Anti-troop feeding frenzy? What the hell publications are you reading. I doubt that 50% of the country even knows what happened in Hadathia, nor do they care.

20. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

God I hope you are correct. You may not know this about me but when I hear that my perspective of the media is incorrect and that I over estimate the influence it has. A glimmer of hope begins to descend into the dark world of my media perception. But then something else comes up. The worst is when I hear someone repeat the rumor or innuendo.