Lost Odyssey

Discussion in 'Games' started by Fernando, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Fernando

Fernando Member

So I started playing this about a week ago and I have to say one thing. "What the fuck is with developers making huge difficulty spikes? Going through the first area, not hard, not easy...ut oh boss comes, wow...he hit my entire party for 240 damage, my main characters health is only 460. Well maybe he only uses it once right? Nope, next turn he uses it again...dead. So I start grinding. got up a few levels, hurray for me. Go to fight him again, can actually survive a couple of turns. Says the creature is wind based, all right, so thinking critically, I can assume Earth would hurt it most. Nope, fire does. Wait what? Fire against wind? How does that make any sense what so ever?

So I finally beat that fucking boss after around 12 tries. Next couple of bosses are significantly easier. We keep on going...learning the system. Oh whats this, an area that forces you to use characters you never had in your main party. Well, can't be that hard right? Wrong, it's actually considered one of the hardest parts of the game even if you have them leveled up. NO. Fuck me, why do developers see this as a good idea? Making us use underleveled characters to fight up to date monsters? Oh fuck me...whats this, a boss monster? Highest hp of all the monsters thus far? And he has reflect on him while I'm only using two caster characters that can't use physical attacks worth a shit. And what's this, the boss can insta ko one character at will. Insta ko with two characters, when the average is 5.......God dammit.

With that said, it is a supreme graphical achievement, the battle system is fresh and old without messing much up outside of the obsurd spikes of hard. It is also one of the finest games in terms of writing. By that, I mean it's fucking sad, probably the saddest game since FFX. Really really good on that front, but damn....there had to be some point where one guy said "Wait up a sec, this is fucking hard, let's tone it down a bit since you know...ITS THE FIRST FUCKING BOSS" Plus, the 4th bosses best attack hit everyone for about 140, when I now have 5 characters...and around triple my hp.

2. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

Ive had this for like 4 months, but just started playing lastnight. are yu talking about the griffin thing on top of the mountain? I killed it in my first attempt