Lookie here - today's score... I think I'm becoming...

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Lomotil, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

...a Mac person!

In one fell swoop, I came home with:
    • 1 eMac (700MHz PowerPC G4, 256MB SDRAM, 40G HDD, DVD/CD-RW, Mac OS 10.4) complete system
    • 1 iPod Nano (4 gig, black), (opened)
    • 2 iPod Nanos (2 gig, white), (unopened)
    • 2 iPod Nanos (1 gig, black), (1 opened, 1 unopened)
    • 1 boxed retail Mac OSX "Tiger" (10.4)
    • 1 boxed retail Mac OSX "Panther" (10.3)
    • 1 Creative Zen Micro (5 gig)
    • 1 JBL "on stage" iPod docking stereo system

Basically, everything in the picture (Except the 10 gig generation 1 iPod that's streaming The Doors through iTunes, and the desk).

Possibly the best $200 I've ever spent. :) ;D

2. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Outstanding. When is your auction?

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Soon. Have to finish my taxes and write a couple of reports for school first, though. Won't be auctioning everything, probably 4 of the Nanos, 1 of the OSX's, and maybe the Zen Micro.

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

One good thing, I was finally able to rip all the mp3's that came with my gen-1 iPod to the eMac, then burn them to CDs. That particular ipod was an unopened store display, so it was inside this large plexi countertop display case, and came with something like 40 albums on it. And, it was Mac formatted. If I were to have reformatted it to use on Windows, I'd have lost all the songs. So, now I've backed 'em up, and can finally use that iPod for other songs. :) Happy days.

5. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

was the $200 for the tinfoil lined rucksack?

6. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I had to look up 'rucksack' before responding, but to answer your question... No. I needed a lead-lined "sack" for this job (the new security guy's nickname is 'superman' and I didn't want to take any chances...) it set me back a bit, but I hope to break a bit above even when it's all said and done.