IV site knot

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by Nauseous, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I hope I am being paranoid as usual, but I have had a knot where my IV was for the last month now. I had the IV for 4 days.

This knot is freaking me out that it's a blood clot and it's going to rupture one day and kill me. And I will probably be somewhere really gay like Walmart.

So if I quit posting. That means I'm dead.

2. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

my son has a knot from an IV done when he was 8months old, on the top of his foot. I believe they said something about scar tissue & calcium.

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I keep reading about blood clots. I don't want to keel over Christmas morning.

4. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

It's a tumor. Have him euthanized.

5. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

Thanks for the advice

He is 2 years past his life expectancy, he turns 9 in less then a month- Doctors all said he would be dead by age 7... still on a list for a heart transplant, but way way way at the bottom....pretty much the only ones that get the new hearts are on heart/lung bypass machines at the hospital.

betchya feel real good right now- dick head.

6. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

You deserve to die if you think that Walmart is Gay.

Walmart is the bomb. They have live nightcrawlers and fresh cigar minnows at our Walmart. That's just NOT gay.

7. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

This used to be more fun.

8. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

it can still be fun...it is for me

speaking of Walmart and my little shithead comedian son. We just got back from buying crap for the trip... He said "lets get this for the yard" pointing to an ugly tacky light up baby Jesus in a manger yard scene...knowing I would laugh. I said shut up- come on... he got the attention of a few people saying "But mommy, why cant we have Jesus decorations? Did you spend all your money on beer"
    Because he much smaller for his age- yet much smarter...he loves to use this as an advantage... for funnies sake" ...and funny thing is- I have never drank a beer in my life- and have never been called "mommy" . Damn kids watch too much TV.

Just for that I told him this trip is going camping in the snow...he is all nervous and freaked out. Calling the grandmas and begging them to come get him.

Also the Walmart bitch check out clerk asked "what are yall havin for Thanksgiving?" I replied with "probably Waffle House" She said "oh you dont have anywhere to go?" I said "we are American Indian and dont celebrate Thanksgiving"... she said ....WHY NOT? idiot- and no I am not Indian - but can pass for it - kinda

9. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Your son is funny. It doesn't surprise me that he would say something like that. I mean, he is your son. The smartass apple doesn't fall far from the tree, ya know? Did you buy him any socks while you were there?

You need to take a video camera around with you on your excursions.

You could pass for Native American? I thought you were pasty white like me. I'm supposed to be part Cherokee. My great grandmother was supposedly full-blooded, but I dunno. My grandpa was pretty white but I guess his siblings were all darker.

10. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

I have long black hair... thats indian enough.... damnit ... and I went a pow wow one time. Na seriously my dad is 1/2 Black foot indian... but he and my grandmother always celebrated T-day. Both me and my kid dont like typical T-day food... so fuck it- we are indian.... in November

11. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Somebody hook me up with some Peyote or drop the whole Native American banter...

Fuck's sake...

Been seeking the Divine Cactus for almost a decade now... :mad: