interesting

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by smiles, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

So you disagree with the definitions i used, XeresX? I think they were quite straightforward. It's not a matter of superiority, just a technical classification. And considering ancient Babylon was a great city/empire, the people of that region (todays Arabs) could be considered as descendants of one of the very first civilisations. Again, you seem to be splitting hairs on this matter.

2. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

And what makes you think my female relatives are 'ugly'? And why would i marry them to my cousin? Is this more of your thinly disguised bigotry?

3. XerxesX

XerxesX New Member

Nursey
    And the third I gave you is allso a classification used by scientists. So what ?
    And as i tried to explain one can argue that the arabs are culturally superior, and that they are culturally inferior. Counting that dogs spots is really splitting hears.

My bigoted and utterly evil presumptions about your familyaffairs was a comment on your empty presumptions considering my relations with former and present friends.
    It was about you IMAGINING me. And how bigoted and antiiraqi i am. I do not think the guys back home find me that bigoted. I say what I mean, and so do they, and sometimes we agree and sometimes we disagree. THAT, was the point. That you sit on the other side of the screen and IMAGINE me. Instead of arguing with me.[/quote]

4. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

Yes, and we could also argue that all human society is 'civilised', but we're trying to keep it as simple as possible for the sake of this discussion. Don't you at least agree with what i'm saying using the definitions i quoted?

My point is not about our 'imaginings', but of the form they take. If it was tit-for-tat, then the post of mine you were responding to should surely have contained some kind of bigoted racial stereotyping, as yours appears to?

5. XerxesX

XerxesX New Member

I did just do that . I argued that "primitive" cultures allso fell within the definitions discussed.

The only one you stereotyped was me. I like me. You imagined and i imagined back :wink:

And besides. I was not the one imagining. It was you.

6. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

Did just do what? 'Agreed' by arguing? And the primitive cultures 'also fell within the definitions discussed'? So South African Bushmen were 'a complex society of city dwellers' who 'got their food from agriculture'?

I imagined some smart assed crap (that had nothing to do with bigotry) in response to the torture/rape comment you made, and it wasn't serious. The 'bigot' label was not unfairly imagined/produced from thin air, it was based on a couple of bigoted sounding remarks you made (not including this latest one) and have since partially retracted, well one of them anyway. If you don't want to come across as one, don't speak like one.

You just said you 'imagined back'. This will go on for another 10 pages, won't it? Schizophrenics are fun! :eek:

7. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

Please Nursey, fuck politics for a little bit, weigh in on my Mars thread.

8. XerxesX

XerxesX New Member

Hey Nursey :)

Since you are eluding clarification of the points were we agree and disagree with semantics. We can run continue indefinitely.

:?

I will clarify my positiion. There is no bigotry in my anger at muslim masses. They have been burning our flags for a long time and the riots over those cartoons seem ridicolous and childish and barbaric to me. Most arabs live in semi-barbaric societies. ( Its a long time since Abram fled Mesopotamia ).

You are right that pygmees arent civilised( according to your pick of def. )

That is why I introduced the third definition. Its even more exclusivce. Thus , it questions the term itself and especially a chain of civilisations that lead backwards/forwards in a logical chain of influence, with points scored, and were debts and cosmic carma is counted.

As for splitting hairs :lol:
    Those two definitions of culture are ridiculus without the third one.

9. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

Define 'barbaric'.

10. XerxesX

XerxesX New Member

I used "barbaric" as opposite of civilised according to the 2. of your definitions. Still ! I believe wholeheartedly that truth arrive in the paradox created by the two definitions.

All of human society is civilised-you
    Ther is only one civilisation-me

11. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

Goddam this shit is just ridiculous. I see these kinds of arguments go down time and time again, different topic, but always the same damn format. Time and time again... Let's get focused on "the now"

12. diogenes

diogenes New Member

It's not your thread, it's not your forum, so really why do you give a shit. If you don't like it stay out.

13. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

Then your statement is wrong seeing as most Arabs live in circumstances that are categorised as 'civilised' in the definitions i used.

[quote="XerxesX]All of human society is civilised-you
    Ther is only one civilisation-me[/quote]

That's what we were arguing!? I find you quite confusing.

14. diogenes

diogenes New Member

YOu're just now noticing that. Don't try and argue with him unless you have your babblefish. You're both arguing entire civilizations based on the actions of a minority. Don't you think that's a hasty generalization.

15. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

Because, everytime someone rambles about something useless an angel gets fucked in the ass. That, and my bloodlust rises just a little more, and you just get one more innocent soul damned when this apocalypse comes becomes reading this same useless crap always running in circles makes me all the more pissed at humanity for being so goddamed caught up in all this crap that they lost focus of the "prize": avoiding this apocalyptic shit storm that's already almost here but still people can't see it. AAARrGghHH :x

16. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

Ok...let's have a REVOLUTINO!

17. diogenes

diogenes New Member

What does that have to do with the actions of the minority, including smurf.

18. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

Won't happen. What always happens: any pearls of wisdom you manage to crap out will eventually get washed away underneath the sea of stupidity. All for naught...

19. diogenes

diogenes New Member

Does it bother you that you draw a lead sword from your ivory scabbard?

20. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

Don't underestimate the power of thought. Who knows what's going to happen. And if enough information filters through and illuminates the ignorance that comprises a large percentage of human consciousness, it will inevitabley affect the outcome.

I agree that some communication amounts to mental masterbation, but sometimes valuable connections do get made.