Ingrown armpit hair

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by Dwaine Scum, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

I had an ingrown hair, in my armpit. It has been driving me nuts all day. I thought it was a pimple, then maybe a boil. I just shaved my pit, and I saw the hair. I swear it was almost 3/4s of an inch long. Plus you would be amazed at all the pus and lymph I have squeezed from it all day. After I plucked the hair, and pulled the root (which was attached to a thick wax/pus plug) I also squeezed out a copiusamount of lymph, until i got blood, and now clear fluid. I feels a ton better, just sore to the touch. Anyone else ever get an ingrown hair like this, or is this a rare occasion, I should see a doctor about?

have really nice hairless pits now.

2. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I had an ingrown hair one time and I thought it was a zit too until I dug at it with tweezers and got it out. It was all bent like a loop. I thought it was cool. The zit looking thing heeled right up after that. I think it bleed a little... don't remember a lot of pus or anything. I'd just keep and eye on it for a couple of days. If it gets really red or swollen, get it checked out. Make sure you keep it clean with alcohol and peroxide. I would not put deodorant in it for a few days.... I'd think it will only irritate it.

3. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

I am finding this image a little disturbing. But anyway, have you put compresses soaked in hot water to open it/draw poison to the surface?

4. DangerousD

DangerousD New Member

If you got all the pus out that's good. I would just watch it and make sure it's getting better instead of worse for a day or two. With abscesses they usually do and incision and drainage because antibiotics can't penetrate into a pus ball. If you got all the pus out there's your drainage without the incision.

5. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I get ingrown hairs sometimes, usually I pluck 'em, and squeeze any infected pus out of the pore at the same time, but if it's in a critical area, I usually dissect the area and plant the already rooted hair dead center in the scab-to-be, and usually, it never comes back.

6. Fat-N-Sassy

Fat-N-Sassy New Member

put ther hair under yer pillow at ntye and yu will wake up with a hair under yer pillow

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Not to mention having "Fat-and-Sassy's" warm, welcoming mouth at your crotch to 'inspect' any potential "cock-growth-hairs" with her teeth...