I love a Hyundai? WTF?

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Nauseous, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

That is a bad ass ride I must admit. 30k for the real deal and thats about 8k less than the G8. :cool:

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Yeah, it's a really pretty car. I saw it in person the other day and loved it, but I don't want another coupe and I don't want the car payment. I need a sedan. I'm seriously considering a used Jetta.

4. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I would wait a year or two, then see how the resell values are on them. I have never seen a hyundai, mitsubishi, or kia ever hold their value. 30k isnt too bad, but when we got our G35 it was only 35. And would smoke just about anything on the road. The power to weight ratio was sick. Plus it is a bad looking ride. We had the sedan (kids you know) and I think it had more of a 'rally' look than the 2-door 350z twin. The auto-stick was fun, and no, it wouldnt automatically shift up for you if you forgot too, we learned that on the test drive when the salesman went barreling off the lot in 1 and didnt bump it up. After we drove it and all we got back and he was like, "so do you want it" and we were like "yea, but not this one" and got one with 3 miles on it.

It was kind of an off-white pearl, with tan leather Bose system.

First car I have been in (that was built for performance) that I could sit at a dead stop, on dry pavement, stomp the gas and just go. No sliding sideways as the tires roasted, you could just hear the tires straining against the asphault and you were gone. I think 0-60 was less than 4 seconds. 0-100 couldnt have been more than 7 *tested. The lateral stability was sick. I only did this stuff when I was alone in the car (good life insurance), but you could take an off ramp at 100 and the only uncomfortable feeling was you in the seat as it was trying to stick you to the window.

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I just think it's pretty. I don't care if it's fast. I won't ever get one. I like coupes but I have too many dogs to have another one.

6. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

There is no real reason American cars

Cannot be just as nice as the G35. This is why I am so against subsidising the Auto manufactures. They are making better cars now but they should be making the best.

I test drove the Lexus Sport Coupe I believe it was the 400 (had the V8 rear wheel independent suspension) a few years back and it was really nice. You popped the hood and did not know the car was running I bet you could balance a nickel on top of the engine while it was running. But that did not mean it was lacking power.

American Auto Manufacturers are spoiled because we keep buying their shit. Now the government will get involved and force them to make even shittier cars. In the meantime Americans will just say "screw it" and but a nice performance car at a reasonable price like for instance the Hyundai.

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I'd buy another GM. Chevy needs to quit putting that dorky gold bowtie across chrome though. Like the back of the Equinox.

And Pontiac needs to quit making horribly ugly grills. They started that ugly shit back in the 90's with the Grand Am and haven't stopped since.

8. BullGod666

BullGod666 Member

At the end of the day, it's still a hyundai. It looks like a Tiburon on steroids. Hyundais are for people that can't afford real cars.

9. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Well pretty soon American manufactorers will have Hyundai make the same damn car and put a Ford, Chrysler, or GM badge on it and then Hyundai's will be for proud patriotic Americans. :biggrin:

10. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

True.

I think Hyundai has built itself a better reputation and it has the warranty to back it up.

Shit, I changed my mind about the Jetta and decided on a Kia Optima. Good gas mileage, good warranty, 5 star crash test rating all the way around. They aren't bad looking on the outside... just a generic sedan and I like the interior. The resale value is shit, but I keep a car forever, so that doesn't matter to me.

11. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

12. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

If I had one, I would carve out the chrome "16-BIT" logo from my Sega Genesis and stick it above the name badge on the back.

13. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I get myself to like the Kia even when I looked at them, although that new Soul is pretty damn cute...

14. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

can't get myself

15. Robman97

Robman97 Member

Yeah, the Soul is a cool little car, but then I remember it is a Kia. Have you seen the Nisaan Cube?

16. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Yeah, barfcity. I don't like them at all.