I got a new car and I need help

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Nauseous, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I shoved a CD in and I guess there was already another one in there and now they are both stuck. I just wanted to see if the CD player works. I'm gonna use my Zune anyway, but it sucks that they are stuck in there.

HELP! I tried a butter knife but it's not doing anything.

It's a Pontiac Torrent w/the factory stereo, so it's a GM factory stereo.

2. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Can you get at it with some tweezers or hemostats (SP?) I used to have a pair of those for, uh, recreational purposes, but I havent seen them in a long time. You will screw the CD up, but it shouldnt damage the radio. I did that in a car of mine too, but the cd only got about halfway in.

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I scratched the damn paint around the cd opening (Still didn't unlodge them. I am an idiot and give up). Fuuuuck! I wonder if you can get some kind of touch up interior paint? It's metallicy looking.

Wonder how you find it?

4. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Don't you have a nail polish that just about matches?

Have you tried google?

5. Homewrecker

Homewrecker New Member

I'd like to see the airbag go off in your face and smash your pointy fucking nose down, Nauseous.

Go drink fingernail polish.

6. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Oh I see that's the 6 disk changer it works like those bank drive up teller tubes but its not a tube and it sucks the disk in and takes it under the seat to a cd changer mounted in the trunk.

-or- don't take my advice just look here:

http://www.carspace.com/guides/How-to-Remove-a-Stuck-CD

7. BullGod666

BullGod666 Member

Is there a warranty on it? If so, take it back to the dealer and coerce them into fixing it.

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

It was used and I didn't get an extended warranty (still has the dealer warranty) and that's kind of a user error thing. Don't know if they would fix it. I have to take it in to get the taillight fixed, I might mention it when I take it in... see what they say. I don't need the CD player. I have my Zune and don't use CDs anyway. Sucky thing is it doesn't have the aux input, so I have to use an FM modulator. It works decent though. I'm not replacing the stereo. It would look shitty.

9. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Did you try the options in the link? How the hell does this end up happening? Wasn't there some resistance putting the second one in?

And last of all wouldn't this be funny if it were the 6 disk system? :p

10. BullGod666

BullGod666 Member

Tell them it was like that when you bought it.

11. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Joe, the issue is there is no mechanism in place to prevent a person from putting a second CD in. You would think in the infinite wisdom of the UAW someone would have said, "Hey, lets make it where you cant put a another CD in if there is one already in there".

Pukey are you sure it doesnt have a multiple disc changer? My wifes Accord does and when you put CDs in you have to press the 'load' button or it just goes in and sits there. Pretty retarded I know, but not sure if they have become standard on new cars or not.

12. BullGod666

BullGod666 Member

OK, I'll take the bait. The UAW does not design the autos they build. Somewhere in the nosebleed high offices some guy with a plastic pocket protector full of pens designs the cars that the UAW builds. This nerd probably belongs to the ASME or some other engineering organization.:biggrin:

13. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Something tells me. :rolleyes:

14. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I'm sure. I'm not dumb. Here is an actual pic of the radio. The other one I just snagged from a website. This is from the dealer's website, actual pic of my radio. It's a single disc.

Attached Files:

15. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Double posted, can't delete this one.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  16. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Yeah there is the disk change button to the left and in disk mode those number buttons are for disks 1-6. :biggrin:

17. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Oh, thank you so much for NOT HELPING ME.

I am only mildly retarded. I know that I have a single disc CD. I even have the sticker when it was new and it says, "AM/FM Compact Disc with 6 speakers." It's a single disc that my stupid ass shoved in there. It tried to fight me, but I shoved it in and it took it the rest of the way so now if I get in a wreck and the cds pop out, the unknown cd will probably wedge in my eye and the paramedics will be like, 'Oh... She must have been a fan of Ace of Base.' The part that bothers me is wondering what shitty CD is stuck in there. I know it will be something totally gay.

18. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Maybe it is Ace of Base and you'll wreck because you did not "see the sign." What bitter irony.

19. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Haha! the Maj is right "I saw the sign..But I cannot see the cd lodged in my eye."

20. phatboy

phatboy New Member

You guys are retarded.

I hope you both get hit by a CD that gets flung out of a Karaoke machine the next time you two are singing 'It's Raining Men!' to each other.

:)