Home Made Coffee Liquor

Discussion in 'Fizood' started by Joeslogic, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

1.75 liter size bottle of Everclear 190 Proof PGA

12 cups of the strongest coffee you can make feel free to experiment with flavored coffee if you like such as Coco flavored but a dark roast is recommended. Resist the urge to buy uber expensive coffee unless money does not matter cause I doubt you will tell much difference.

2 pounds of brown sugar.

6 table spoons of vanilla extract.

Amaretto liquor

Make your coffee and place in a large container and heat while stirring in the brown sugar until the sugar is dissolved.

let coffee mixture cool. Add the PGA as well as the Vanilla extract.

Add the Amaretto to taste if you like.

It will make a little more then three full 1/5th bottles and then some to spare for all told ingredients cost of ~30.00.

Try using to to replace Kahlua it works great and I think is likely much stronger.

2. homer

homer Member

Very similar to what we use to turn shine into kahlua,instant coffee works just as well.It makes a dynamite drink,very cheap.Have you ever tried Grey Goose vodka?Had it last night,it is expensive but very good.

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Never been much of a Vodka or Gin drinker so to answer your question no. I'm still looking for ones I like currently have Sky Vodka which is ok actually. And have some crap Seagrams Gin which sucks and I think I'll never finish it cause it sucks.

But I will keep an eye out for Grey Goose if I can remember when I get to the store.

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

This is not food related unless you tell me what weird kind of stuff you eat after consuming this stuff.

5. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

It's close enough unless there is a better category to place it in. I was gonna choose the beer forum.

Not much food goes with liquor to drink. But if you like to pan fry beef then you can make a killer sauce for a pan fried steak from cream and brandy. After searing your steak in just a we little bit of butter (this works best with a fillet cut) remove the steak and pour some cream in you want the flavor of the meat residue. Then put some brandy and make sort of a gravy.

Also Vodka is great for waking up the flavor of almost any spaghetti sauce.

6. homer

homer Member

Beer goes with almost anything if you drink enough beforehand.:biggrin: