Home Heating Oil Prices

Discussion in 'Complaints, Requests and Suggestions.' started by JEFE, Feb 11, 2008.

1. JEFE

JEFE New Member

Heating Oil is now $3.40 per gallon in my area. I know this because I ran out of the stuff on Saturday and the temperatures dropped to below freezing at about the same time. It's currently 21 degrees F and about 40 inside my house.

That is my complaint. That and the fact that it has taken 15 minutes to type this because I can't feel my fingers.

2. Reizvolles

Reizvolles Active Member

Feeling your fingers is sexual harassment anyhow.

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

What do you heat your house with? Propane?

Natural gas prices have went down... at least mine did. My budget amount went from 98/mo. to 51/mo.

4. JEFE

JEFE New Member

Yes, that is why the title of the thread is Home Heating Oil Prices.

Oil. It's heated by an oil-burning furnace. I have a wood-stove and a fireplace too but they don't really cut it when it gets very very cold. That and I have no wood split up.

I have a propane stove. Maybe if I pile about 100 bricks on top of it and turn it on all night that will heat the place up.

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

You can heat w/more than just propane, which is why I googled Home Heating Oil and saw that you can also use kerosene.

I just didn't understand. Most houses around here either have forced air or electric baseboard heaters. Why don't you go out and get some of those? Hell even a space heater should work to keep one room warm. 40 degrees is a bunch of bullshit.

6. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

Im all about electric heat pumps. I had Oil it sucked, I had propane, it sucked. I have a friend who works for a oil/gas supplier. He tells me about all the blowjobs, and pussy he gets from desperate MILF's who run out of oil, and its 20 degrees, and the kids need heat. He fucks them, or gets blown, then pumps like 5 gallons of oil, or 5 lbs of propane (enough to turn the heat on for a half day) then leaves. Heh, he's my hero. I have another friend who repo's cars. He fucks chicks, then takes their vehicle. lol TUE AMERICAN HEROS!!!

Jefe, IM me, I have a few ceramic space heaters, they are yours if you want, and you don't have to put out (this time)

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

This whole thing about heating oil baffles me. It's been 70-80 degrees during the day out here, ever since we got out of our 'cold spell' (temperatures in the mid-30's at night!)... I've got central air/heat, and I haven't cranked that thing up in a month or more. When the whiney woman spends the night, I light a space heater for her, only in my room, and it tends to do well.

Point being, I wouldn't know what the fuck to do with 'heating oil' even if I had a jar full of it.

8. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I like my all 'lectric' house. I have a brand new gas pack that you can have if you come get it. Its Natural Gas, but I never used it. We bought the house in May, and it was removed before July (when we installed the central heat and air).

Ive seen fuel oil heaters in TN. Looks like a beer keg on a stand. Not too sure what that's all about but the cans arent that big. The LP ones are much cleaner looking, the fuel oil ones have a valve to start/stop the flow I hate TN.

9. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

All electric everything? You don't even have a gas stove/oven? You can't bake anything with an electric oven, it comes out terrible.

I love forced air/central air. I had an apartment with electric baseboard heaters and I hated it.

Anyone else love the smell of a heater the first time it gets turned on for the season? That burnt dust smell? I really do like it.

10. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

you like smells do you? Stick your head under my covers first thing in the morning, I can make a smell reminiscent of shit and frito chips

11. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Mine have more of a sewer/sulphur smell.

12. fitch13

fitch13 New Member

honestly, jeffe, did you thought about insulating your home properly? this can lower your energy consumption significantly!

13. homer

homer Member

Home heating oil has risen to 1.12/liter from .38/liter in 8yrs where I live and I have decided to switch to wood heating with electric heating also.I should save 1500.00 a yr based on the current price of wood.
    Gas has reached 1.38/liter and climbing ,I expect to see it at 1.50 by the end of the summer.
    Watching Congress grill the oil execs. the other day was laughable as they denied it being "their fault" they are recording record profit,but they were quick to ask the fed. to provide money for research and development so that they wouldn't have to rely on the mideast as much for their supply.
    With tax breaks for buying Hummers,I guess Bush and Cheney have stock in GM as well as the energy sector.
    Oh well global climate change should reduce everyone's heating bill soon anyway.
    Sorry for the doom and gloom but fuck I'm getting sick of working for heat and transportation.