hives/welts

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by Nauseous, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Anyone suffer from them?

It's freaky. I get welts all of the time for no apparent reason. Yesterday my upper lip swelled up. I have had that happen a few times before and it always freaks me out.

Today, I get in the car and look in the mirror and there is a welt on my cheek. I didn't even feel it that time. Usually I can feel it. It starts out kinda burning/itching and then I can actually feel it swell.

I am afraid to get an allergy test because I will end up being allergic to everything and have to live in a bubble or a glass shoe.

Back in the old days, they would have sent me away or killed me because they thought I was possessed by demons.

I guess they are hives from what I have been reading. I thought that hives were longer... these are small like about the size of a dime to nickel.

weird maybe a lot of my issues are related to urticaria?

"Chronic urticaria and angioedema can affect other internal organs such as the lungs, muscles and gastrointestinal tract. Symptoms include muscle soreness, shortness of breath, vomiting, and diarrhea."

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  2. Dilaudid Daisy

Dilaudid Daisy New Member

I get welts for no reason on my legs and back. Always in the fall time, I don't know why

3. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

cause in the fall time, you get sassy and talk back to your pimp... and he breaks out his Pootie Tang Pimp belt and welts the shit outta dat white flabby mom ass.

4. Reizvolles

Reizvolles Active Member

I get welts when I wear synthetic clothing. I think I am allergic to polyester or something.

5. Miss911

Miss911 New Member

It's hives. I get them from my own sweat, if I run from the apartment to the car and turn on the AC. I also get them from horseback riding. They are round and hard and look like mosquito bites, but a bunch in one area can spread out and look like 1 big one. Take some benedryl or rub some antihistamine cream on them,, all it is is a release of histamine in your blood from a reaction.

6. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I hive up to everything. A little bump will cause a hive. When I play with my dogs, every tooth mark will leave a hive. I have dermographism, but sometimes I will hive up for no reason.

7. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Can you soothe them with Benadryl? We keep it on hand for mosquito bites.

8. Miss911

Miss911 New Member

Nauseous, when you get a mosquito bite does it blow up to about 3x5 on your leg? If I get bit there that's what happens lol. That's when Ice and lots of Benedryl is your friend.

9. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Yeah, it looks like a golf ball. I might have started a thread about that once.

10. Homewrecker

Homewrecker New Member

Well, you're a bunch of dicks.