GPS Tracking Devices

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Nauseous, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Anyone know anything about them? Here at work, we've got an employee that I would like to track in our company vehicle.

Can you do it w/o them knowing and are the devices and junk expensive?

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Some have a trip record mode that would work perfect for what you want to try.

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I just get hours turned in that I can't account for. I want to know where they are going and how long they are at places.

But like sneaky. I like to catching people doing shit.

4. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Do they use company cell phones?

5. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Get an average-priced GPS unit, like Joe said, and put it in the 'record' mode. If you're worried about battery life, etc., hard-wire it to the battery (use an inline fuse, say... 10A) and stash it somewhere they wouldn't typically look.

Most dashboards can be utilized in such a fashion, as well as other interior trim. Hell, you could even hide it underneath the seat. Only thing that you need to consider is having an antenna that gets a relatively clear view of the sky (should work through plastic, making the dash your best option.)

For shits and giggles, install spy cameras inside vents or opposite the driver in the passenger's door panel.

Put it this way: You're spending the money either way.

6. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I think they make some pretty inexpensive ones that you can track like you can with Verizon wireless phones in Chaperone mode.

Little magnetic box.