fugly beer goblets

Discussion in 'Drinking' started by Dwaine Scum, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

I made these from scraps around the shop today

I am going to sandblast the harlan logo into the side of them. too bad I cont drink anymore

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

You cannot have a beer? That sucks. I mean I would think it would be fine in moderation.

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Well... Thank you, Dr. Joe!

Here we have a generous soul wanting to give away a precious handmade beer glasses - and you come in, encourage him to drink, so that he can't give them away?!?

Oh wait... Was he giving them away in this thread?

Who's on first?

Third base? Eh?

;)

4. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

well i was, but thanks to joe, I just washed away 6 months of sobriety away. so thanks joe

5. phatboy

phatboy New Member

How easy did the first one go down? I have always found that to be the tell tale sign of things to come. And who made beer cans so small? Its like two swigs and its empty.

Oh, sorry.

Were you being sober for a reason, or just seeing how the other 8% lived?

6. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

I am being a smart ass, I won't let a tard like Joe fuck up my hard work like that

7. GAS

GAS New Member

Probably a stupid question but is the sandblasting done by a machine? Can you even do that by hand?

8. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Sandblasting in general, or just on the glass? Ive seen blasting done both ways, once at a headstone plant (for graves) they would use this rubber type stuff and a stencil, draw out the letters, then use an exacto knife to cut them out, leaving the rubber 'shield' intact and then run it through a machine that would do an equal blast type deal. But then the dude that did it would have to go back by hand to get the depth right if it messed up.

Dwaine, if you get one done let me know. I can shoot you something paypal so you can buy a couple of polo's for our golf trip.

:)

9. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

you can sandblast images into glass, there is all kinds of techniques to achive all kinds of crap

10. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

A guy in high school had the t-tops on his car done. I think he said they used that aluminum tape you know with rubber on one side and did a cutout sort of the same process but used a sand blast gun.

11. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Oh heck Dwain its OK to drink a few beers you would be fine I assure you. There nothing quite like a nice cool thirst quenching beer. Just keep it to a six pack or less and you will be fine.

Go on now.

Have one.

12. ibsys2562

ibsys2562 New Member

How easy did the first one go down? I have always found that to be the tell tale sign of things to come. And who made beer cans so small? Its like two swigs and its empty.

Oh, sorry.

Were you being sober for a reason, or just seeing how the other 8% lived?