Free Wii remote 'jackets' from Nintendo

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lomotil, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Nintendo is apparently packaging all of their Wiimotes now with a silicone glove, similar to the multi-colored ones third parties sell, but with a thicker 'shock absorbing' padding on each end. If you've got a Wii, you can go to their website and type in your serial number, and request up to four to be sent to your pad for free (free shipping, too).

Hope you wrote down your serial number before you sent your Wii in, Dwayne.

Mine just came in the mail today...

2. Fernando

Fernando Member

I didn't see the point, friend got some and they make playing virtual console games much better.

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

It's something free, bro - does there have to be a point?!?

Oddly enough, though, the Wiimote does feel better in my hand with the new 'jackets' installed... With the engorged head, I feel like I'm jerking off when I play my games now, and that's always a plus.

I will probably miss the multi-colored identification of each Wiimote, and I have yet to see if one will still fit in my 4-slot Wii/remote/game caddy. Hell, I might even stick with the colored skins I bought on ebay (6 for like 15 bucks shipped, nunchuk gloves included). At least with those, all four controllers are easy to identify...

Again, the point here is that Nintendo will send you these things free, and everyone with a Wii should probably take advantage before they pull the plug on the whole promotion.

4. nolo451

nolo451 New Member

The Wii I got came with one, but I dont like it, it makes it feel heavier and bulkier.

5. Fernando

Fernando Member

If you get any virtual console games like Gunstar Heroes, it'll make it feel more like a real controller.

6. nolo451

nolo451 New Member

I think I may just buy the classic controller for when I download Super Mario Bros 3.

7. Robman97

Robman97 Member

I got mine a couple of weeks ago, the only problem I have is they cover the little recharging nub on the 3rd party batteries I got. So I have to remove them when I wanna recharge.

8. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Geez, are AA batteries that expensive nowadays that a person has to spend more on alternating current from the power company to charge the damn thing than spend ten bucks on a 40-pack of alkalines?

9. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

rechargeables, or get a console that has rechargeable controllers, the wii is just an overpriced toy. The DS is cool, the wii is a pile of crap. it's a toy, not a gaming console. great for kids, or very old people.

10. nolo451

nolo451 New Member

Man, how many times do you have to say "Wii sucks, Wii is horrible," ? We, or at least I get it, you dislike it and can't stop talking about how much you hate it.

I dislike the PS3's price and bluray feature and the xbox's persistent red ring of death, but I dont go on beating the subject around like a dead horse. Fuck.

11. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

you forgot, 360 has the 3 year warranty now. and No, because i know it bothers you, I will post how much of a piece of crap the Wii is more now. Nintendo needs to stick to hand helds. I actually stood in line on Wii day, with a broken ankle for mine. I should get Reggie Aimes to give me some kind of compensation.

Ironically i bought all of my nieces and Nephews DS lites for x-mas this year.

Hey lomo, you ever get LIVE working right for you?

12. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

I just ordered 4 of them, you want them?

13. nolo451

nolo451 New Member

So, who gives a crap if they are giving a 3 yr warranty now? Still a pos (imo) if it does that so often that they have to hand out warranties like that.

You think I give a fuck if someone with not life goes out to stand in line for anything? I don't give a shit, am I supposed to think that your hardcore for doing something like that?

OOohh, you know how much it bothers me that you say stuff like this, shit I should be fucking scared at all the points you'll talk about how much the Wii sucks. So because YOU don't like it, it automatically sucks, huh? Fucking fanboys.

14. Fernando

Fernando Member

On a happier note, Medal of Honor Heroes 2 online multiplayer is pretty kicking.

15. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I still haven't followed up on that yet... Been too busy lately.

16. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

hey beaner, did you know how bad the Wii sucks? You played call of duty 4 yet? or assassins creed? Oh thats right you haven't, because you have a toy, not a gaming console. I'll be in Huntington Beach in January, if you want to be a real tough guy an meet up, I'm not sure if that is bike distance from Modesto, but you can come give me that beatdown I so desperately deserve. I'm not a fanboy btw, I hate the wii.

17. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

X-mas is coming up, which would you rather have, 12 months to LIVE, or 4000 arcade points?

18. nolo451

nolo451 New Member

Oh wow, calling me a beaner, fuck, you are a total fucking badass, huh? I dont give a fuck about Call of Duty or Assassins Creed, those kinds of games dont really appeal to me at all. Only way I see myself playing those games were if they were given to me or something. Are you that threatened by my comments that you feel a need to say you'll want to try and start something with me? You really aren't embarrassed by what you say huh, or else you wouldn't be posting this where evetyone can see how much of a loser you sound like. Fucking sad.

19. Fernando

Fernando Member

Scenario A: Ahhh yeah, PS3 rules, MMMMM, I got heavenly sword and Assassins creed (which happens to be on xbox too). 20 hours later. Uhh...there's still....uhh...Rachet and clank right YEAH. *after playing it and realizing the game is very very easy* fuck.

Scenario B: Man I just invested a good 60 hours into Twilight Princess. After beating the 30 hour Metroid prime and the epic galaxy, I feel as though I'm gonna be waiting a good while for the next epic. Hmmm, Wario Ware, this is a good multi player game with friends. Wow 32 man wars with Medal of Honor 2, sweet, I love the epic scale of it. Now that I exhausted the hundreds of hours of greatness, I have nothing. Whats this Virtual Console thing people keep talking about? Aww hell...

Scenario C (Dwaine Scum): GRAPHICS GRAPHICS GRAPHICS

FUCK YOUR COUCH!!!

Also, nolo, if your looking for a very challenging game, try Trauma center second opinion. Shit is hard, but fun. That and the new geometry wars.

20. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Wow, you're giving me an extension? My regular doctor only gave me six months... Guess it always pays to get a second opinion! :)