Fox News’ Criminal Pundits

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Aballister, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Aballister

Aballister New Member

"The sensationalist media inquest into Sen. Barack Obama’s associations has cheapened the national debate. It has also exposed the hypocrisy and double standard of the conservative media.

Fox News, which has championed this “guilt by association,” questions Obama’s fitness for office because of his relationship with the Rev. Jeremiah Wright and Bill Ayers, a distinguished professor of education at the University of Illinois at Chicago.

But if Fox News truly believed in guilt-by-association, the network would have severed ties with some of its pundits and consultants.

Mark Fuhrman — of O.J. Simpson infamy — is now one of its talking heads. Fuhrman, if you remember, was convicted of lying under oath during Simpson’s murder trial when he denied having used the word “nigger.” For right-wingers unburdened with racial sensitivity, Fuhrman’s easy use of the “n” word was probably not a big deal. And for Fox News, flouting the law is OK as long as the cause is right. O.J. Simpson was guilty, legalities be damned.

G. Gordon Liddy, sentenced to 20 years in prison for his role in the 1972 Watergate break-in (he served almost five), enjoys a post-prison celebrity status among conservatives. Liddy turns up on Fox News as a respected commentator, and has cultivated a fan base as a right-wing talk-radio jock. While Fox’s pundits froth at the mouth condemning Ayers for his membership in the Weather Underground 40 years ago, Liddy, whose crimes created a constitutional crisis, is embraced and celebrated as a conservative hero.

How about Oliver North? His claim to fame was the Iran-Contra affair in the ’80s, when he illegally sold weapons to Iran’s Ayatollah Khomeini and transferred the money to Nicaraguan Contras, in violation of U.S. law. He was charged with 16 felonies and convicted of three, which were later overturned because the prosecution had used testimony given under a grant of immunity. For his mockery of the Constitution, North became a right-wing folk hero, eventually landing a job at Fox News as an Iraq War correspondent. He was subsequently given his own television show, “War Stories.”

Former Bush adviser Karl Rove is now a paid commentator on Fox News. Though Rove has not been convicted of any crimes, he has had an uneasy relationship with ethics and the law: reportedly the mastermind of the political firing of nine U.S. attorneys; allegedly outing CIA operative Valerie Plame; spreading rumors in 2000 about Sen. John McCain having fathered a daughter with a black woman; and selling the Iraq War for political advantage. But to Fox News and its conservative base, Rove is a hero.

William Kristol is not a former convict, but as salesman-in-chief for the Iraq War he has committed crimes of conscience. Kristol has a permanent seat on Fox News Sunday. Despite his discredited claims about Saddam Hussein’s nuclear programs and his many attempts to link Hussein with al Qaeda, Kristol continues to be featured as an expert on the war.

Bill O’Reilly, the big daddy of Fox News, reached a settlement in November 2004 with a colleague who had reportedly recorded him attempting to have phone sex with her as he masturbated with a vibrator. This history contradicts the self-righteous protestations in his book Cultural Warriors and his screeds against “liberal” wrongdoers.

Newt Gingrich, Fox News’ most erudite and self-righteous pundit, has a checkered past that includes reportedly serving divorce papers to his cancer-stricken wife while she lay in her hospital bed. The former House Speaker also admitted to an affair with an aide while he was still married, even as he championed President Clinton’s impeachment. Most liberals believe these private matters should not disqualify people from public office. However, the pedantic moralists at Fox News cannot exempt themselves from the standards they apply to others. Their hypocrisy needs exposing.

Conservatives have created a two-tier system of accountability: one for progressives, the other for themselves. But their claimed moral rectitude belies an indulgent attitude toward questionable legal and ethical conduct. Mark Fuhrman, G. Gordon Liddy and Oliver North betrayed the rule of law that conservatives like to crow about.

Fox News and its right-wing functionaries threaten the fabric of our electoral system. The push back should start with denying them legitimacy. That means exposing their hypocritical invocation of the “rule of law,” challenging their simplistic “anything goes” standard of patriotism and denouncing their use of guilt-by-association."

by James Thindwa

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Dan Rather got a parking ticket and decided he'd rather not pat it.

Fuckin bastard.

LOL

Have you ever stopped to consider who levied the charges against these people?

Democrats stupid ass. They generally are not guilty of shit. Well we got Fuhrman a liar do you know that?

He lied?

The question was about him using the term nigger a racist question by a racist lawyer. Most everyone in America knows that don't mean shit. They pull up some dialog he wrote years earlier for a movie script. You have used the word nigger in forums haven't you? You racist! :rolleyes:

Who else oh yeah Liddy the mans a great American hero! An FBI agent investigating the DNC the real story is that the DNC was getting money from the communist where did that story go to? I like the idea that while he was hiding in that liquor cabinet he pissed in a bottle of Johnny Walker Red. You know that's why Kennedy's teeth are stained yellow the lousy dead drunk fuck. Liddy kicks ass a REAL hero.

Oliver North well there we go again. he was doing a great service to his country should be wearing a medal. Congress has been ruled by Democrats for decades you can convict anyone of anything given a rigged Democrat jury. Fuck them and hurray for him.

Fuck Bill O'Reilly as far as I care

Newt is a genius in many way and susceptible to getting tangled in personal issues just like most of us. Holy shit talk about a double standard Bill Clinton is a pedophile and a kinky ass pervert.

Karl Rove? William Kristol ...are you serious? :biggrin:

3. Aballister

Aballister New Member

I thought it was a pretty cool article. Even if some of these people had it coming less than others, it's still a fairly large amount of people with legal troubles. The whole Watergate and Iran weapons deal always had a stink about it. There are so many more intelligent people to idolize that have never been in trouble before.

4. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Just think of this.

Who on the other side of the track, could have and should have, been investigated and charged but never were.

Right now Obama is obviously guilty of an impeachable offense trying to rig the Democratic primary bribing people to pull out of a race with job offers.

The Democrats control weather or not to have an investigation. There are hundreds more examples like this.

5. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

Bill Clinton was a Pedophile? Holy shit! I missed that story.....

6. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Am I sensing a little sarcasm? ;)

7. Cydonia

Cydonia New Member

Are we getting a little warm under that self-rightious collar, Joe old schmoe?

8. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

No really. I missed the pedophile story. Who did the perv bang?

9. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Look wanting to do it is as bad as doing it. He could not control his urges enough to avoid screwing a fat dumpy ...what 19 y.o. while conducting business over the phone with the head of state from a different country. For crying out loud he sat in a movie theater watching a movie while jamming his cigar up her crotch. Now there is a class act for ya. If you don't think he is a pedophile then let him watch you under age daughter while your out on vacation for a week.

10. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

Well I mean I've WANTED to murder my dad at times. But wanting to do that isn't the same as killing him. Sure Bill was a pervert who got BJs from younger women.... but have you seen what he's married to? Would you turn down a BJ if you had to spend your life with that? But thats beside the point.

We can't call him a pedophile because he doesn't fuck children. But we can call him a cheater and a liar. He DID do both of those things.

11. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Yeah I understand what your saying. But I'm still calling him a pedophile. I'm certain he is that and worse. I would not let him around any of my nieces.

12. Cydonia

Cydonia New Member

Yah. No evidence whatsoever, but you are certain. Guess that makes it the Gospel truth, then.

If I had my druthers, I would never allow you anywhere near a microphone.