Fingertip numbess

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by Nauseous, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I have had some intermittent tingling and numbess in my index finger, really close to the nail and can't figure it out. It's been a few days, before that it was a few weeks and on the other hand.

What's up with that?

And no comments about fingerbanging myself, please. :)

2. pussyish

pussyish New Member

I would say its bad blood circulation but in 1 finger is odd

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Only thing I can think is some kind of nerve problem. I have some neck problems, so it might be related.

My glucose has always been normal except for the time they had me on 80mg of solu-mederol and I totally blame it for my results because after I refused it the next day, they were back down.

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Make that solu-medrol.

5. pussyish

pussyish New Member

definitely could be I think (really I dont know) if it was nerve wouldn't it be down the whole nerve, or carpal tunnel?

6. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Seems to be the wrong hand for carpal tunnel, but I dunno. Don't you usually get that in your mouse hand?

Reason why I think it could be my neck was this... my mri said, "protrusion paracentrally to the left at the C5-6 level that creates a mild degree of central narrowing and some left neural foraminal stenosis"

Online I found:

C5-6 Disc (C6 nerve root)
    1. Pain
      1. Neck
      2. Shoulder
      3. Medial scapula
      4. Dorsolateral arm
    2. Sensory change
      1. Dorsolateral thumb
      2. Index finger
    3. Motor weakness and atrophy
      1. Biceps muscle
      2. Extensor pollicis longus
    4. Reflexes decreased
      1. Biceps reflex
      2. Brachioradialis reflex

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

But that doesn't explain why it was in my other hand a week or so ago and I think it was my ring finger.

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

And it's just the tip. Really close to the nail. I can feel it when I type... my it is carpal tunnel? Awesome!

9. pussyish

pussyish New Member

could be i have it and i couldnt use my thumb for like a month, no can openers, it was crap and i have it in both wrists, typing

10. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Could be blood pressure related. Thats what mine was.

11. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Could it be that is the finger you use to...... ah ...never mind.

12. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

my thumb would got numb back when I was working... I think it was carpel tunnel. It would suck, because I use that thumb to hold dog veins to get blood or sedate them. My whole damn thumb would be dead .. I hate that feeling.

My nose goes numb sometimes... well it is half numb all the time, then some days it is just DEAD. I figured its from all the surgery. My nose was torn off by a dog when I was 6, and I had a few plastic surgeries to fix the scars. It sucks I have so much work on my nose.. and it is ugly... seems like I would have at least gotten a cute nose out of all the money spent on it. I always have the fear that it will dead... and my nose will rot off.... I never should have made jokes about Michael Jackson. So even if won the lottery, and got really addicted to plastic surgery (I know I would) I would never touch my nose... I would be one hot skinny bitch with huge tits, and perfect face.. with an ugly bumpy fat nose.

13. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I have a deviated septum and I am always thinking that my nose is going to collapse.

My nose turns up. I don't think you can fix a nose like mine with plastic surgery.