Ever wondered...

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by Dubya 2.0, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Dubya 2.0

Dubya 2.0 New Member

Link? That sounds like a must read for me.

That is very astute, I wear a hearing aid in my left ear dur to 'noise exposure' from my militaruy service (read into that what you will) but it is a hereditary condition that was aggravated by my time in the forces...

2. Dubya 2.0

Dubya 2.0 New Member

In reference to insensitive people, my next to favorite quote applies
    "Hurt people hurt people."
    (espcially when they can do it anonymously)
    Be encouraged. My 40's are better than my 30's.

3. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Dubya wrote - ... feel I can communicate effectively is anonymously, that is probably my biggest 'issue' of all.

When I made the reference about "anonymously hurting" I was not reffering to you. I was a little surprised that others were so insensitive towards you when you asked a legitimate and fairly personal question, hence the quote "hurt people hurt people".

To quote an ancient Southern phrase, "I ain't agin' ya, I'm fer ya". Sorry for asking personal questions in a public forum. Lost my professionalism for a bit, won't happen again.

Barry

4. Dubya 2.0

Dubya 2.0 New Member

Your honesty is appreciated. Chin chin...

5. unlimited-time

unlimited-time Active Member

See you've totaly jumped to conclusions there, you have no idea what i was referring to when i spoke to Dubya, he understood and knew it wasn't me trying to "hurt" him.OK oh sensitive one.

6. Schmed

Schmed New Member

You know iI really havnt read or clicked on any of the shit written past what Dubya originally wrote, except UT's stuff. but I'd like to chime in here and say im 30 and sometimes I wonder why i have not yet joined the rat race (i.e. put my computer skills to use and make 100k plus a year like all my stupid friends,) but I don't want too ultimatly, I'd rather be content than fucking breaking my neck to make an extra buck...end of story. Life has treated me with an exceptional gift, I'm still alvie and eating ..if that isnt good i dont know what is.

7. Dubya 2.0

Dubya 2.0 New Member

That is pretty much like myself, I do enough to get by, pay the bills and have enough left over to eat, sleep and drink well... I used to work in a big advertising agency in London for a few years from the mid 90's and I was completely exhausted all the time.

I had a trendy flat, nice car, holidays... all that palaver, but it didn't make me happy. I now live in a little, cold cottage banging out enough design work to keep my head above water, and I am, although this thread seems to say different, a lot happier now that I have been.

I think it's just personal issues I'm up against...

The rat race sucks and I shall never, ever be jumpimg on that treadmill again.

8. JEFE

JEFE New Member

Ahh ha. Never say never.

9. Dubya 2.0

Dubya 2.0 New Member