Ever got gased?

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by Nauseous, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

At the dentist office for cavities? I wonder if they will gas you if you ask. I'm all freaked out about going. I have an appt coming up and one of my friends said he got gased for cavities, but he's not a trustworthy source.

This DR office sucks. They act like dicks and I don't know why. If it weren't for people like me, they wouldn't have jobs.

Anyway, I think the reason why I suddenly started getting cavities after 28 years w/o is my bad ass acid reflux. I have been reading about reflux causing cavities. I also think it might be becaise I used Crest forever when I was a kid and now I use shitty Toms of Maine which tastes like homemade paper mache glue.

2. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I've been gassed before, but it's usually by accident...

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I'm freaking out about these cavities. Everytime I think about it, I get sick to my stomach. I have two more days to worry about it and then I gotta make myself go.

4. bigpappadiaz

bigpappadiaz Member

I got gassed when I went to the dentist, it didn't do much to me other than make me a little loopy and I was able to tolerate the big ass needle a little better. That's the only reason why they gave it to me and after that they turned it off.

When I got my wisdom teeth removed recently they gave me 75 mcg of Fentanyl. They were asking me, "do you feel it yet," and was like, "Nope...nope...nope..." and they started reclining the chair and then I was OUT. I literally felt the chair leaning back and then leaning forward and they were said, "All done!" Amazing stuff. They also said I started waking up out of it so they gave me some Ketamine towards the end which gave me some weird dreams. o_O

5. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Ive never been gassed at the dentist office. They usually hit the gums with the local anastesia (SP?), then the big needle in the gums to numb it up. When I got my wisdoms pulled they put something that knocked me out pretty quick. I remember sitting there thinking my nose was running, I asked the nurse for a tissue and I got up to put it in the trash and she yelled at me to get back in the seat. That was the last thing I remember before them rolling me out to the car.

When they put me under for my wrist (broken) it was neat. The dude came in and put some needle in my armpit and hit the nerve (felt like I was being electrocuted, then like my arm was on fire) when he was satisfied that he was in the right spot my whole arm went numb. So I was laying there with my right arm limp and useless. They gassed me in the OR and let me chill in the recovery room for a little while. It was weird when I came to I could feel my arm, and finger and all, but couldnt control nothing. I went to scratch my nose and about broke it. I was like 'Ahhhhh' watching helplessly as my casted arm swung down at my face. My wife laughed uncontrollably. I have yet to forgive her.... :)

6. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Oh, yuck. I hate having any parts of my body numb.

When I had my wisdom teeth cut out. I was awake and feeling awesome, but my face was numb for about 10 hours. I usually take pretty good to the numbing but the drugs never seem to knock me out. As long as I am fucked up, I don't care.

I had the gas for the wisdom teeth and a shot of valium and demerol. I was pretty high for a while and then was totally 100% sober and had no problem making it to the car and stuff. I know I told this before, but the nurse and my mom were trying to help me walk out and I was like. "I'm totally fine. I don't need help." And the dental assistant was like, "You must have a high tolerance to drugs." And this was right after I was arrested for smoking pot and I remember the look of disgust on my mom's face after she said that. I could have crawled in a hole and died. She doesn't remember getting upset about it. I asked her not that long ago, but it sucked for me at the time. I was on probation and not good terms with my parents and I could have punched that bitch from the dentist office.

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Oh, but give me Tylenol cold and sinus daytime formula and I will just about drop dead. That stuff is supposed to speed you up, but it literally makes me faint. My heart beats like a rabbit and I pass out. I had to be carried out work after taking that crap. So I assume I am allergic to pseudoephedrine.

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Oh and whatever is in mini thins that is supposed to speed you up makes me fall asleep. I remember kids taking them in highschool and being all speedy. I took three and feel asleep sitting up in 1st period and woke up to everyone laughing at me.

9. phatboy

phatboy New Member

You were probably sitting there snorring. :)

I have a low tolerance for some drugs. Anything with Tylenol III in it (codeine) I pass out. The pain pills they gave me for my wrist made me all sappy so I quit taking it. Im on HCTZ now for my BP, but its just a dieritic (SP) and makes me pee like 100 times a day.

My BP is better so Im on my last month of hctz (hydrochlorothiazide).

10. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I was dreaming that someone was saying my name over and over and when I woke up, the teacher was standing there trying to give me a paper and people were laughing. That day sucked.

I guess beta blockers aren't being used as much for high BP anymore. I take them for tachycardia (fast heartbeat) when my ticker starts flipping out. It can go from 110 to 60 with them and my BP will lower. Now I seem to occasionally have the opposite problem (not caused by the beta blocker). My heart will beat really slow. Last night I felt like I couldn't get my breath and thought my heart was racing, but it wasn't. It actually felt like it was missing a beat every now and then.

11. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Thats odd. I dont take the HCTZ before I play golf, I think its mental, but I feel like I cant get my heart rate settled, which isnt a big deal when you are hitting your driver, or irons, but when you go to put you really need steady hands, and its all tempo, so if your heart is going bonkers you usually put like crap. They also gave me albuteral to inhale before strenuous exertion, but Ive had asthma my whole life and its never affected me, until I started climbing the stairs at work and when I got to the top I was out of breath and seeing the little 'stars' swirling around in my vision.

I am exercising more now, so hopefully I can be 'not-so-phatboy' in the near future.

12. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

How big are you? You're like 9 feet tall, aren't you?

13. phatboy

phatboy New Member

:)

and bulletproof.

just 6'4"

Not tall enough for basketball and too tall to be an actor.

:)

14. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

How wide? 5'3? ;)