ears

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by BIGMAMA, Jun 17, 2009.

1. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

went to Doc Tuesday, woke up feeling shity dizzy, coughing up thick hard green phlem. They sent me home with codeine cough syrup, albuterol inhaler, Bactrim ...

woke this morning (Wed) feeling like hell... way way dizzy... ears killing me, went to ER... was told I have a major ear infection that has caused all of this...

The doc was pissed because when he asked what antibiotics the doc gave me the day before... My mind was out so I reached in my purse... it was one of our clinic bottles ... I explained WHY would I pay a 20$ co pay for #20..a drug I buy #500 for 28$ ... anyway he said it is not the same... BULLSHIT -I explained it is the SAME drug they would have given me at Walgreens... 800mg/160 Sulfamethoxazole-Trimethoprim aka Bactrim. finally he realizes I am right..
    anyway they gave me a shot of antibiotics, toradol, and fucking Prednisone... they came in and just did it, I woke up and was like "what was that?" they tell me.. I tell them "Hello- I have cushing's... why would you give me steroid?" anyway, I am fucked up right now, because I threw such a fit and was bitching ... they gave something else for pain.

they send me home with Antivert... we have this as well, and I said so... and the stupid nurse says.. "no you dont honey, this drug is not used for dogs haha" I took my papers... and said "google it it is also called meclizine...we use it to treat vertigo " and she says... "shows what you know, its an antibiotic...hahaha" I repeat .. " GOOGLE IT... or ask the Doc... and go back to nursing school. "

This is scary that I - an uneducated tard... seems to know more then these RNs and some Docs... so anyway... health care is scary. I have pneumonia, ear infection... steroids reduce inflammation....but kicks the shit out of your immune system.... makes fighting an infection harder.. I dont understand WHY a doc would give them to some one with a high fever, ear infection, and pneumonia.. and someone with fucking Cushing's... what a fucking retard.

2. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

She said Meclizine was an antibiotic? WTF? That is scary. Meclizine has never helped my vertigo. They sell that shit OTC by the name of Bonine. It doesn't touch it for me. I just stay dizzy.

Only thing I can think of using the Prednisone for is for your lungs... helps you breathe, but Christ, like you need shit fucking up your adrenal system. I flipped out and refused it in the hospital too. The gave me 125ml of it.... called it solumederol... tricked me or I would have never let them do it in the first place. But I thought I was dying, even more so after an allergic reaction to Zofran/Demerol so I didn't question what Solumederol was until later and was like, "Not again." My ears swelled, my fingers swelled, I was all amped and felt crazy. Fuck that shit. They want to give it to your for everything. They don't care that it totally messes up your body.

I don't trust doctors and nurses are dumbasses. You ask the same question to 5 nurses, and I guarantee that you will get 5 different answers. One nurse acted like she was an expert on Crohn's and was telling me what to eat and it was shit that is terrible for your guts and extremely hard to digest. Scary. I hope more people are like us and question them. I get an RX and I look that shit up before I take it. I don't just take whatever I am handed. My gastro has given me three different meds (didnt take any of them, except one... Zelnorm) and they ended up really hurting people and now there are lawsuits against the manufacturers.

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

It's my eyes or ears. I gave up a couple of years ago trying to find the cause. I didn't have tests done that I probably should have. Might go back and have them done.