draft options

Discussion in 'Drinking' started by phatboy, Jun 6, 2008.

1. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Guiness, Bass, Newcastle, Spaten, Pilsner Urguell, Harp, Sam Adams, Flying Dog, Sierra Nevada, Sweetwater 420, Blue Moon, Fosters, Leinies, and my old friend Smithwicks.

Any opinions? Jeff - you got any of these you prefer?

I'm opening with a 24 oz newcastle.....

2. GAS

GAS New Member

Go for the Black and Tan I say. Deeeeeelicious!

3. phatboy

phatboy New Member

The Newcastle is pretty tastey, I'm thinking the Sweetwater 420 might be next.

4. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Well I jumped straight to the Smithwicks, fucking dark gold. Then they fucking run out and now I'm back to newcastle. I'm heading to a bar that's got some real beers.

5. phatboy

phatboy New Member

My lifes ambitoin is going to Ireland and getting a real fucking smiddicks

6. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I had the 'Hooters 83' lager Saturday night. Not bad.

7. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

Having been there many times, St. James Gate is definatley worth the visit, as for smithwicks, there are plenty of other great beers to be sampled on the ol emerald ilse.

Cheers!

Checkers!

8. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I might take a month and head over. Of course I might not come back (to US) hang with my peeps and get a gnarly accent (probably lose a couple of teeth too)

I'm drinking bud-light tonight(I have to drive home). :(

9. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

If you're going to be in the neighbourhood let me know, I am always looking for an excuse to drink in Dublin, or any other part of Ireland for that matter, and I can definatley help you with losing those teeth!

Cheers!

Checkers

10. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

On the subject of draft options. A waitress explained to me the best strategy for getting good fresh beer.

At "the Flying Saucer" in Nashville. It made sense actually. On Friday nights after the crowd rolls in if there was bottom of the keg beer its mostly gone and the kegs are fresh.

They had sales during the week I think it was like Wednesday. Basically they were selling off the kegs that were almost out. That bar had a selection of maybe a hundred different beers so it makes sense that the more obsolete brands could get stale.

Something to think about.

11. phatboy

phatboy New Member

If they keep their kegerators at the optimal temps, it shouldnt be an issue.

Plus, you drink enough eventually you'll get a new keg.....

So checkers, you gonna punch my teeth out, or get us in a fight and have someone else do it? If so Im bringing Dwaine, if he can get a passport.....

12. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

I am very anti-violence, but I am a great instigator, you're in Ireland, an Irish man is going to knock out yer teeth, it's only fair. It makes the Guniess taste that much better now that you can enjoy it authentically!

And you should bring Dwaine, that would a great trip for him.

Cheers!

Checkers

13. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I think if you come back with all your teeth you arent doing something right.

14. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I've had a couple of layovers in Shannon. So far, I got all my chiclets but I never left the airport.

15. phatboy

phatboy New Member

That's probably the safest play..... :)