Deadwood

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Poult840, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Poult840

Poult840 New Member

i cant believe they canceled the 4th season and are now going to just do 2 2 hour long movies to sum everything up. Best show on TV right now, it's a shame it doesn't get a proper send off.

2. Schmed

Schmed New Member

Actually it is the second best show, the Shield is hands down the best show on TV. BUt yea, Deadwood is definitly getting the shaft.

3. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

Having never seen The Shield, I'm going to have to wholeheartedly disagree. Schmed, you ignorant, slut.

4. Poult840

Poult840 New Member

Fuck the shield, deadwoods dialogue alone makes it the best show on TV. plus the set and wardrobe and all the old stuff. just them replicating deadwood in its 1800s makes it stand out. no show set in the present day can compete against deadwood.

5. Ferine

Ferine New Member

I like Deadwood. But to say it's dialogue makes it the best show is laughable. Unless of course you're a cocksucker...then...Great!

6. Schmed

Schmed New Member

The dialogue is the one big thing that holds that show back in my opinion. I highly doubt people walked around in those days saying cocksucker every other word.

7. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I think the 'old english' kind of gets it down some. EB should be fed to the pigs as soon as possible.

"Whatever should I do Richardson? Bulloch approaches and my face is still disfigured from the massive foray of blows set upon me by that brute."

Im waiting for Richardson to tell him to shut the fuck up.

8. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Josey Wales, Pale Rider, Fist full of Dollars, A Few Dollars More; Everyone loved "The Good Bad n the Ugly". These were westerns that to me really seemed to capture the feel of the real Wild West as hard cruel just like nature.

I think Deadwood attempts to accomplish the same. Yes goes a little overboard on the dialog but, also the nature of people. Back in those days the legal system and courts were not what they are now. A person’s reputation of character such as honesty and integrity was very important. Without a reputation of good character you did not get to far. In the west everyone was a stranger more or less so this was not as big a factor. However the series takes it way out of proportion. I think the average Deadwood power broker in reality would have been the town bum in real life.

By the way the Eastwood movies were guilty of this also but not nearly to the same extent.

9. Poult840

Poult840 New Member

well, as far as ive read, historians say the dialogue is accurate for the times. the old english hasnt gone away yet, but the swearing has come up. plus almost all the characters on deadwood were real people, it's pretty much a docudrama, wild bill died holding the deadmans hand, and al will probably die trying to get on a train, since that's how he died in real life. it's just an accurate depiction of the times, and that's why i think it's such a good show.

10. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I'm critical of most everything but for the record I actually enjoy what little of the show I've seen.

11. Schmed

Schmed New Member

My Pops is a historian, he has been a curator of a museum for almost 22 years, and he loves Deadwood, he says that it is really accurate in a lot of ways, so I gotta trust him in that..and to be honset I have no idea of how accurate the dialogue is in that series, it just struck me as odd with all the swearing...I'll take yer word for it though Poult. You lilly livered cocksucker!

12. Ferine

Ferine New Member

I'll take your word for it. Poult is indeed a cocksucker!

You said Pops...f'in cheesehead.

13. Schmed

Schmed New Member

Damn f'in straight I am.

14. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

you're a fucking faggot, Vic Mackey would gang rape you in front of your kids, then arrest you for not wearing a seatbelt... the shild is a billion times better

15. Ferine

Ferine New Member

I heard you were straight too, but my sources could be wrong. :p

16. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

Assfuck's seven dollars.

17. Schmed

Schmed New Member

Any chance I can prove it to you?

18. Ferine

Ferine New Member

Only if I can borrow a helmet.

19. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

Once again Schmed's reputation procedes him.

20. diogenes

diogenes New Member

If Schmed's reputation had preceded him you would know that Schmed would never sleep with Ferine. Her eyes aren't nearly slanted enough.