`Dead man' asks for glass of water

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by Nauseous, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

January 21, 2008

SANTIAGO–An 81-year old man in the small Chilean village of Angol shocked his grieving relatives by waking up in his coffin at his own wake, local media said yesterday.

When members of Feliberto Carrasco's family discovered his body limp and cold, they called a funeral home instead of a doctor.

When relatives gathered at his wake, a nephew was stunned to see Carrasco staring back at him.

The man who "rose from the dead" said he was not in any pain, and asked only for a glass of water.

Local radio had to announce a correction to news of his death.

Agence France-Presse

2. Disorder

Disorder New Member

They just cant wait to get send them to a home or have them buried these days.

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Must be a really poor place. I would think they would have to be seen by a medical examiner or something to at least pronounce them dead.

4. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Ah that morning breath, pasty mouth, please give me a glass of water feeling. Never had that from a coffin though.

5. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Did he have quarters strategically placed atop his eyelids?

6. DangerousD

DangerousD New Member

Actually, all the codes I've attended are mostly ancient people clinging on to life with minimal mental function and bringing them back to be tube fed and ventilated mechanically for another 2 weeks or less. Most of them look dead before they actually really really look dead. Dying is sometimes the best thing that can happen.

7. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

If you are talking about yourself, I'll chip in for the bullet.