Da Flu

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by BIGMAMA, Jan 16, 2009.

1. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

Ok my 9 year old sick and stayed home yesterday ... we went to the doc at 2, he had a 104.1 temp. they gave him some motrin told us to keep an eye out. He started felling great... was acting like himself.

Well at 9pm he said - my neck hurts, and then puked all over the place. First thing I think is meningitis ... We get dressed, dump the baby at his dad's house and go to the Children's ER . Turns out he has the flu. We were there till 4:40 am . Now I am feeling like crap.

This is going to suck.

oh and at the doc appointment. I find out his insurance is canceled ... so had to pay there. $183 (they did a strep test) then at the ER they made me pay 125$

I will be on the phone all day today - seeing why this happened... this sucks

2. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I'm sorry to hear this. I would be freaking out that it was meningitis too though, so you totally did the right thing.

I was in the ER Sunday with my step g-ma. Then I was there Tues or Wed. The bitch they roomed her with had fucking pneumonia. Why would they put an eldery woman who has lung problems in a room with someone with pneumonia? I don't get it. I think she should have demanded a private room. She has the money.

I got weirded out because she got sick and vomited her tuna salad sandwich up in front of me. It was a tough think to have to see/hear/smell.

I'm all worried I caught something. I think I caught some acne. My face is breaking out. I have two big zits on my jawline and one on my cheek. I keep rubbing them. I want them gone.

Anyway, I hope you guys feel better soon. Geez. You already were sick a month or so ago.

3. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

I know... Thanksgiving time we got sick, but that was a little 24 hour bug... then we got sick from crap we ate at the airport. but once it all came out we felt better.

Yeah when you have kids in school... they bring home all kinds of sickness. When you sit in a classroom with 20 other people all day.. you are bound to catch crap.

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

How'd the strip test go?

Is it set up like American Idol?

Now, that'd be a show I'd actually watch.