Creepy Crawlies

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by ucicare, May 3, 2007.

1. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Wow. I made a serious mistake today.

I took my Ritalin at lunch, forgot I took it, and took another about ten minutes later. About an hour later I get a headache, and my skin feels like bugs are crawling on it. I can't even blink my eyes they are so wide open.

Do people actually LIKE the high of amphetamines? I have some clients that crush and snort their meds. Does anybody really like the feeling of bugs crawling on them?

Amazing thing is that one pill doesn't do anything like that. It simply focuses me. No high or weird feeling. Two was a different story. Not fun.

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I bet there was more to it than just the Ritalin.

3. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

It's ok Barry My ankle feels like it's sprained yet I have not twisted or smashed or anything of that nature. I can't lay down at night to go to sleep with out my limbs going numb for one reason or another. Yet I can sleep fine during the day.

4. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

well, write your experince down barry. then try meth, and keep a log

5. Michelle

Michelle New Member

What was the dose?

6. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

One cup of coffee. I really don't do anything else.

7. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

20mg x 2

Keep in kind I weigh about 327. It takes a little bit more for me than a 5 year old.

8. Michelle

Michelle New Member

9. Michelle

Michelle New Member

..also headache.

10. Michelle

Michelle New Member

Describe your symptoms more. Are you getting a burning and tingling feeling in your feet bilaterally (both sides) or just one limb. Is is in a "glove and stocking patern". Is it just your feet or your feet and hands. How much do you weigh? Have you ever been checked for diabetes.

11. Michelle

Michelle New Member

are you losing weight? are you drinking a lot of water? eating more but not gaining weight? Have to urinate often? What kind of medications are you on? Mother father brothers or sisters have any health problems? When you say numb do you mean like pins and needles or actually decreased sensation to touch?

12. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

It's not pins & Needles it's feels like they arn't getting any blood kind of numb. I just recently had a full work up due too a sinus infection I let go for way to long. The blood work and everything came back negative and the Cat & everything else was fine.

I don't get it myself either. During the day if I lay down to take a nap or something I fall asleep and stay asleep fine. But if I go to bed at night I feel my feet get numb then my hands then I will suddenly get this tingle rush thru my whole body and wake up and be very disoriented.

I found counting when I close my eyes helps me fall asleep with out the problems.

13. Michelle

Michelle New Member

Well if you had problems with the arterial supply to your legs I would think you would have some claudication which is pain with exercise in your calf muscles if it or buttocks. It's not that I don't get it. I am asking those questions to rule in or rule out. It is a process that is always done when taking a history. I can't do a physical exam over the internet but I would have checked your pulses the pedal and posterior tibial arteries are the ones normally palpated in the feet. The posterior tibial is just behind your ankle about a fingers width. The pedal is just about in line but a little lateral to the tendon that runs to your big toes on the flat surface of the top of your foot. Have you ever had any heart problems or heart murmurs? Are you a smoker? Do you have any back problems like herniated disc, pinched nerves? What is your blood pressure? Check your fingernails next time and see if they are blue or pink like they should be. Also you can check your radial pulse which is on the side of your thumb right where your hand ends and your arm begins in the indentation lateral to the tendons. Anyway sounds like you might need to see a neurologist. The work up for a sinus infection if not directed toward the symptoms you are complaining doesn't help much unless they did some tests that might overlap. Maybe you need to see a neurologist. I haven't started any neurology training yet.

14. Michelle

Michelle New Member

Also sometimes drugs can cause a neuropathy (effect the nerves) even if you think it feels like you aren't getting blood the symptom you get from an inadequate blood supply are derived from the effects on the nerve so you can't really say one way or the other whether it is the blood supply effecting the nerve or another type of neuropathy. If you were prescribed medication for your sinus infection it is possible you are getting an adverse effect. You would need to look up the drugs you have been taking and see if these could potentially cause a neuropathy. Anyway, you shouldn't change any of your meds without consulting with your doctor. So you probably just need to go to the doctor and maybe he will refer you to a neurologist if he can't figure it out. If you wanted to try to make sure it wasn't diabetes you could proably just get one of those finger stick glucose checks and compare it with normal levels depending on whether you had been fasting or not. SOunds like you should just go to the doctor and have it evaluated. You might want to have your choleterol levels checked while you are at it.

15. Michelle

Michelle New Member

I'm planning on leaving town for a while so I might not see your posts til I get back.

16. Disorder

Disorder New Member

I enjoy amphetamines, as well as enjoy (whenever possible) 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine, or MDMA (or Ecstacy)

So please send your meds to me if you dont need them :p

17. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

can you imagine Barry smoking crank?

18. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Better him to be smoking it than to be choking on one.... :eek:

19. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Shut up freakshow. I just doubled on my my meds and had a typical reaction. It hasn't happened since, or before.

You need a girlfriend.

20. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Oh wait. You were talking to Grim.

Shut up anyway.

...and get a girlfriend.