College Football 2008

Discussion in 'Sports' started by MAJ Havoc, Aug 18, 2008.

1. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Here's my team and my take, post yours.

Date Opponent
    Aug 30 La.-Monroe - should be a patsy (W)
    Sep 6 Southern Miss - new coach, close for 3 qtrs (W)
    Sep 13 @Mississippi St. - last year will prove to be Sly's best (W)
    Sep 20 LSU - AU plays them tough, close loss (L)
    Sep 27 Tennessee - cautiosly optimistic (W)
    Oct 4 @Vanderbilt - Vandy, nuf said (W)
    Oct 11 Arkansas - Petrino is a turd (W)
    Oct 23 @West Virginia - SEC defensive speed vs. gimmick offense (W)
    Nov 1 @Mississippi - got a Nutt, still suck (W)
    Nov 8 Tennessee-Martin (W)ho are they?
    Nov 15 Georgia - Dawgs got our number (L)
    Nov 29 @Alabama - the streak ends (L)

SEC Championship LSU vs. UGA (UGA wins)
    Auburn: Chick Fil-A-Bowl

2. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Im not much of a predicter, but if you'ns is interested I got a nice XLS with all the conferences their schedules and even the independents.

Helmet schedule, with 'game of the weeks' picked out.

3. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Already got it, my friend.

4. phatboy

phatboy New Member

UGA/AUB for the SEC would be an awesome game.

Not to mention adding to the longest rivalry in college football history.

Ohio St./Michigan aint nothing but weee babies when it comes to a rivalry.

Oklahoma/Texas is the same way, UGA has been a University longer than Texas has been a state.

5. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Opener - Clemson or a Bama upset?

I bet $5 that when the Vegas line comes out it is less than 3 points.

6. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I'm thinking 3 and a hook.

7. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Clemson loses by 3 (or 4 to piss off vegas).

Saban gets a new contract and then skips town after losing to Tulane.

He ends up back in Miami and they trade for Favre. He then courts John Favro to be the LB to replace Zach Thomas.

8. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

I think that Clemson will beat Alabama pretty easily. Alabama will be Ok by the 4th game, which is the first one that counts in the SEC.

Oh, and who is Favre? :)

9. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Ok boys (Phat, Major and Nursey) here it 'tis. I have revised my opinion of the season opener for Bama. They may have a chance.

1. Alabama has a freshman nose guard that Clemson will not be able to block. Expect him to wreak havoc in the first half. Clemson will adjust at half time, and may have to go with quicker release plays to get a pass off.

2. A senior quarterback returns at Alabama. He may be off everyone's all whatever team, but he already owns a large number of passing records at Alabama. An interesting one is that in both 2006 and 2007 he had streaks of throwing more than 100 passes without an interception. He set the alltime record for passing yards at Alabama in 2006, and then broke his own record in 2007. He also owns the two highest number of completions in a season for 2006 and 2007. Might I remind you that list of quarterbacks under him includes Namath and Stabler? He is only 10 completions away from the all time record for number of completions at Alabama. I think that this redneck unappreciated quarterback and the gazelles Alabama has at receiver will eat Clemson alive.

3. Clemson hasn't posted a 10 win season since 1990. In the same period, even with all the turmoil and coaching changes, Bama has had 8 ten wins seasons and one National Championship. Bama has Tradition, Clemson doesn't. Clemson has never beaten Bama. Things like that mess with the minds of kids and coaches.

4. Bama has two future NFL players in the O line. With healthy running backs, Bama should own the ground game. If Alabama runs for 150 yards or more, Clemson will lose.

5. Bama is just more hungry. They have chemistry. They THINK they are unbeatable, while Clemson HOPES that this is their year. For 20 year olds, psychology is everything.

6. Clemson wears Orange, which is Alabama's least favorite color. I bet anything somebody played a round of Rocky Top at least once in practice this week. No way that Bama loses to an Orange team this year.

10. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Alabama was picked to beat Tenn this year on ESPN.

So you guys are screwed. Thats like Corso picking UGA, drives me nuts.

11. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

You probably don't know that my Uncle coached at Alabama for 25 years. I used to think that football really mattered. Since Alabama has joined the ranks of mediocrity for the past 15 years, I have allowed my standards to be lowered. Beating Auburn is good enough for me.

12. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

My wife scored me two tix to the Auburn game. I am still debating the road trip as Hurricane Gustav is coming to visit the Gulf this weekend. I may be boarding up the house instead.

13. phatboy

phatboy New Member

14. phatboy

phatboy New Member

15. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

16. phatboy

phatboy New Member

17. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

All I know is that Kentucky has never had a reason to tears down the goal posts in Tuscaloosa. .

18. phatboy

phatboy New Member

:)

ha ha ha

19. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

I know it's too early to boast S.E.C., but what were the oddsmakers thinking?

Vegas had Miami FAVORED (-4) at Vandy, and the Commodes win by 20.

Same with South Carolina. They opened a +14, but win Cockily at 34-0.

Auburn -26 at LAM? - 26 points? I still take the TIGGERS.

Florida - 34 - Hawaii Well, at least Vegas shows Florida some respect. 34 is ton of points for anybody. I still take Florida.

Clemson -5.5 at BAMA. I hope the oddsmaker eat their doubts about Alabama tonight. Clemson has a terrible record in Atlanta (9-34 -2 I think)I have to take Bama and 5.5.

BooDogs still suck.

Go SEC

20. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Well I was 3-0 with my picks. Why don't I have the guts to bet?