Cheap ram upgrades

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Dwaine Scum, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

512 megs of ram 3200 DDR for $9 here

you can never have too much ram

2. Fugly

Fugly Administrator Staff Member Fugly Staff

Tiger Direct always has really cheap prices. Check this out too. A 250GB Seagate drive for 69 bucks. You could build a whole computer or under 200 dollars there.

3. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

a cahintech 939 motherboarf with 4 PCI sots, and an AGP 8x slot for $39.95 (fits a AMD 64 hyperthread processor)

4. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

What is ram?

Barry

5. Reizvolles

Reizvolles Active Member

I didn't think AMD has hyperthreading? I thought they went straight to X2 (dual core) technology?

6. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

well they are, but as you know, the general public is "retarded" so they called it HYperthreading"

7. Reizvolles

Reizvolles Active Member

Hyperthreading = Dual core wannabe.

8. Fugly

Barry, are you joking or do you really not know? Sarcasm doesn't really come across very well in print so, just in case here is soem information:

"Random Access Memory"

Random access memory (sometimes random-access memory), commonly known by its acronym RAM, is a type of computer storage (in practice only computer chips) whose contents can be accessed in any (i.e., random) order. This is in contrast to sequential memory devices such as magnetic tapes, discs and drums, in which the mechanical movement of the storage medium forces the computer to access data in a fixed order. more>>>>

And another good link...

9. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Sorry - a poor attempt at humor on my part.

I started with computers way back with an IBM XT. I remember when 2 megs of RAM was a LOT of memory. I built computers for a while, but I just ran out of interest somewhere around the time the Pentium chips came out. I am way behind on everything now, and I feel like an old timer who can't keep up.

I don't have a clue about most of the newer stuff. I can still do stuff in DOS, but XP drives me crazy. Getting old sucks.

Barry

10. Fugly

I thought that was going to be the case but I figured better to reply just in case.

11. DangerousDan

DangerousDan New Member

I think I can safely say that we all knew ole Barry was going to come up with some poor humor. It's predictability can drive one to the verge of sanity if contemplated upon too long.

12. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Meet me out behind the Freedom of Speech forum after school today Dan, and we'll settle this feud once and for all.
    Unless of course you are CHICKEN.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2005-03-06-cover-cyberbullies_x.htm?POE=NEWISVA

Barry