Chains you can believe in

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Joeslogic, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

2. Aballister

Aballister New Member

Come on Joe, all of these guys are from the Heritage Foundation: Oil and Gas lobbyists. Everybody is missing the point though. We DO have an impact on the environment, maybe not as dramatic as what Gore says but there is some concern. You talked about that garbage patch in the Pacific Ocean, oil spills, coal plants pouring tons of sulfur dioxide (trees can't breathe that shit by the way) into the atmosphere. These guys are retards if they think there is nothing wrong with the planet.

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Take all sulfur dioxide released by mankind since the dawn of time into the atmosphere and it would not be a drop in a bucket next to the Mt. St. Helens [sp] Volcano eruption in the 80's. :rolleyes:

Volcanoes are erupting all over the world all the time.

Look if they stick to reality I'm all for it but you need to can the bullshit and Kyoto, Global Warming , those are 90% pure bullshit.

4. Aballister

Aballister New Member

True that, but like you said volcanoes pour that shit up in the atmosphere on their own, they don't need our help. Kyoto is fine, what's wrong with filtering the stuff that comes out of smokestacks? What exactly are you all for? If sulfur dioxide and co2 is no big deal, if global warming is scam, and if Kyoto is bullshit; what do you care about? In Canada, it's not even up for debate. We are constantly reducing our emissions and slowly kicking our dependence to oil. If the arabs think they got us by the balls they better think again.

5. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Koyoto and Global Warming are really about bringing down countries that produce. The biggest country it would hurt would be America. America has plenty of oil and other resources plenty enough to be independent from foreign oil. I'm all for placing a ban on importing our fuel sources. I am for taking a look at packaging a lot of things could be packaged different to reduce trash. Recycling is always a good idea and I participate. We could reduce untold tuns of garbage is we would stop importing cheap crap designed to only last 4 years and make domestic manufacturing create products built to last also.

CO2 in the atmosphere :p that's shit science.

But people or companies putting harmful chemicals and waste in our water should be punished brutally.

6. Aballister

Aballister New Member

So if a company would come to you and say: "Joe, these regulations the government passed like Jimmy Carter's Clean Water Act are breaking my balls. How am I supposed to turn a profit if I have to filter all of my waste water? It costs a fortune to afford the technology. Government should stay out of my business and stop telling me how to dispose of my wastes."

Does that sound familiar? Replace the words water with air and you have today's stance on air pollution. I am peeved by air pollution as much as you are with water pollution. If water pollution is real so is air pollution. It shouldn't even be up for debate. If you put shit in the air I breathe, you should pay through your fucking nose. That's my opinion on the subject. In the words of the great Bill O'reilly: "Moving on."

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Whats happening with you is you are allowing the media to tell you that people who disagree with Global Warming and call it junk science are anti-environment. and Republican party supporters.

That is bunk my friend. I'm for a clean environment you got it all wrong and I am for it sensibly and using real science.