Car stopped being a dick

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Nauseous, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Well, now it'll start again. After I started that thread it quit doing it, so now that I started this one it'll start.

Anyway... been setting the ignition to the 'on' position for about 5 seconds prior to 'start' and then I just switch to start and don't hold to crank and it has been fine.

2. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Sometimes it takes a little while for the electronic fuel pump to shoot the juice up to the injectors. Hondas have them and you can actually hear them when you turn the key to on. It's like it primes the pressure and gets it ready to go.

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I can hear some shit kicking on. So far, so good.

4. phatboy

phatboy New Member

That probably be what it is.

Should be like a bzzzzzz as it brings the fuel line pressure up. I see they have the Vibes marked down to like 13k now. I like how they throw in '5 year 60,000 mile warranty' on the commercials. I guess you have to take it to the Chevy dealer to get it repaired under warranty.

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Yeah, kind of a whine. I feel like it is doing something good when it does that and I haven't had the problem since.

I think you can take them to any GM dealer. The Vibe is a pretty good deal right now.

6. phatboy

phatboy New Member

It's going to be funny in 10 years when there are more 12 year old Pontiacs on the road than 12 year old Chevys.