Call Of Duty 4

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dwaine Scum, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

2. McPoont

McPoont New Member

looks good, bout time its not about WWII, i mean really how many times do we have to fight the axis?

3. Disorder

Disorder New Member

the first CoD was really good, one of the few games Ive completed, though somehow I felt this one was too much of a mirror image of battlefield2.

Nightvision is not a new concept though, so that wouldnt be something to draw me to it.

Crysis is still my number one FPS to try. The totally destructable environments will set a new standard I think. It has a nuke explosion and shockwave effects on the landscape too

4. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

dude, 60 FPS, play, not cutscenes. its awesome, it's not battlefeild\, very different. every review of Crysis I have seen says its pretty but not fun. Kinda hyped like F.E.A.R. or timeshift was

5. Disorder

Disorder New Member

I suppose everyones a bit different with choice anyway, I had a good word for Crysis from someone I knew who played the demo. Games get hyped quite a lot, though sometimes that hype is just a way of selling a game and then you get it and it sucks, or it doesnt run well on yours or something. In that I tend to at least try before I judge ( for example the raving on about Bioshock, but it turning out to be 'technically challenged' and causing a lot of grief)

That is the one big issue about PC's though, that console gamers have got a lot easier, is hardware/upgrading issues.

Time to get a new dual core and 8800 methinks.

6. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

thats the whole reason i hate PC gaming now. you dump $800 on two SLI vid cards, and 9 months later, you have to buy newer, faster, better ones. The consoles now, run comparatively as good as the PC's, with the new HDDVD and blu-ray technology, storage isn't an issue. I haven't personally seen a demo of Crysys, I have just read the developers spin on the game (I still get those letters from EPIC) they are saying Crysis is just a way to push new vidcards, and it runs a lot like Timeshift (which really sucked). I also hate using the Keyboard as a control peripherals, but thats just me. I like control pads anyday. Bioshock is amazing btw, and I have seen it on s 360, and a $5000 game rig with 512 Mb dual Nvidia SLI video cards, and you can't tell a difference (granted the 360 was connected to a 42 inch 1080p LCD)\.

Could be worse, could be stuck with a Wii (or Gamecube 2.0) with shitty 4 year old graphics and games that were new on the original Xbox

7. Disorder

Disorder New Member

Some good points, there are benefits and disadvantages on both sides; you still have to 'upgrade' consoles, that is get a next generation to play those new types of games (which are more expensive too). But is the whole cycle in itself more expensive than a PC? Would be nice to see how they compare.

The thing I avoid consoles for, is the same as I dont like how MS pushes windows upgrades, In that the games are sometimes not even compatible either, like some take cartridges, some take DVD types/ or blu-ray or whatever new 'format' they are trying to push and this is constantly changing, leaving not much room for backward or forward compatibility. At least when you upgrade a PC you know that the game that didnt used to work is likely going to work now, because it still sticks to the CD/DVD format all the way through (though I anticipate that they will put games on solid state/flashdisk at some point too once its cost effective, which would be cool, still it is USB which is covered also)

As for control styles, there are good reasons for both too, I like analog for anything that needs throtle control, like driving games, with a PC you press a key for accelerate and its 'FULL' and I like being able to hold the stick at other increments for 1/4 speed, or 1/2 speed etc which is great. The things that I think take a hit on consoles are RTS and FPS which need very fast precision mouse control but they get around that by having 'lock on' or something similar, but that takes the point out of it, because a FPS game is (generally) about how good you are at aiming.

8. zigger

zigger New Member

COD4 rapes, and I like how even the lower ranked people can keep up with the higher ranked people

9. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Plays great, even though I get a little nauseous on the 42.

10. nolo451

nolo451 New Member

Saw a friend playing this at his house, and it looks really cool. I thought these games were World War II games, which bore me, so I never paid much thought to it. I think I may buy it pretty soon. One thing though, I hope the controls don't suck, I mean they have to be pretty user friendly for me to like these kinds of games.

11. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

you uguys should add me,m Udai_hussien, I am all about COD4 .Lets start a fugly clan

12. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Shut up fag.

Maybe they will make an Alamo version and you can be the Mexican Army.

13. nolo451

nolo451 New Member

Your talking about online play, right? I freaking have no idea how to even get online on the ps3, much less network with it. Id have to ask my girlfriend, I told her to buy the game for me, so we'll see when I get it.

14. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I dont think the 360 and PS3 are capable of playing on the same online network. It would be cool if they allowed multiple game systems to play against each other, but I am sure their is some encoding BS that doesnt allow it. But it would be nice if XBOX, PS3 and PC players could compete against each other.

15. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

they are trying to cross platform them.

Going online n COD4 on the PS3, at the start menu, select "multiplayer", then select "play online"

16. nolo451

nolo451 New Member

Its selling for $40 at Toys R Us, so I think Ill buy it tomorrow, but unfortunately I wont be able to play it until Sunday. Hope its to my liking.