Bypass Napsters WMA secuirty feature.

Discussion in 'Technology' started by TheGrimJesus, Oct 10, 2005.

1. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

If you are like me and love your music your tired of Kazza & Limewires BS.

Well go get Napster, Yes I know it cost 14.99 a month to download everything you want and they they charge to burn CDs. But wait there is more!

Go get this. Its called Tunebite its a digtal recorder. It makes a new copy of any song that has encoding on it to MP3 format. Then you can burn anything you want without having to pay them a dime.

http://www.download3000.com/download_6795.html

Just thought I would share this with you all if you enjoy music and hate messing with all that crap.

I mean you know the track from Nap is going to be a good and no hidden bs on it. Run it threw tunebite ditch the first copy and there ya go.

2. orange2714

orange2714 New Member

Brilliant

That is absolutly 1337 how did u do that?

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

God. I feel old after reading this thread. :(

4. Schmed

Schmed New Member

After reading this I realize that Grim didn't write this himself. The useage of punctuation and all that correct spelling tipped me off.

5. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

Torrents are where its at.

IDIOT!

6. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I just meant that I felt old reading this, because I remember using Napster when it first came out. Years ago before the RIAA and metallica started attacking the format.

I can also remember when Yahoo! was the best search engine around, and when "HoTMaiL" wasn't owned by Microsoft.

Grim, I'm just curious, but have you ever used a computer with a monochrome monitor? One of those old black/green or black/amber terminals that used to be set up to hook up to the Internet with a text-based browser? Heh, I remember using my Packard Bell P133 w/ 16 megs of ram (which I later upgraded to a whopping 56!) to dial up to the school's telnet server.

It just makes me feel old being around people whom have lived their whole life in and around the Internet. I remember it's early days, and I still know shitloads of people that don't know a damn thing about it.

My friends, I tell you, we're in the 'Digital Renaissance' right now. It's a great time to be alive.

I'm going to go eat another brownie right now. :)

7. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

486 dx2 66 500 meg hard drive, 8 meg's of ram, 14.4 modem, BBS boards....the fish in my disco boots were alive and well.

8. chester grape

chester grape New Member

My first experience of computing was pushing out tabs in punch cards with the tip of my compass in highschool. We were "programming" in Fortran, and getting the computer to do whacky things like spew out a Fibonacci sequence.

The punch cards would get sent to the local university for processing, and we'd get them back the following week. Usually with errors, which we'd then need to proof, correct and re-send.

Whoo-hoo!

The day my high school got a dumb terminal, to patch straight into the university mainframe, was the happiest of my geeky high school life. (Around 1980-1, I guess it would have been.)

My first "PC" definitely had an orange and black monochrome screen, along with a 5 1/4" floppy disk drive (the ones where you had to "lock" the disk in by turning a tab 90 degrees clockwise).

I can't remember the exact capacity of those amazing floppy disks, but I know they were well under a meg. 360K, perhaps?

Which is a long-winded way of saying, I hear you Lomo, I hear you.

9. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Word, brotha, word.

To the Newbies: Golden Axe on the Atari ST kicked some major ass.

Anyone remember Logo or LogoWriter?

10. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

Lomo,

Did you ever play space ranger for the Commodore Amiga? I miss pole position for my Ol' Commodore 64.....

I aslo Had Intellivision, with the worst possible controllers in the league...

[/img]

11. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

12. chester grape

chester grape New Member

Was the Commodore 64 the one that stored data on audio cassette?

13. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

I think that may have been the VIC 20, not sure, I don't remember having the tape option with my 64, but I do remember changing the endless 5.25 disks.

I loved Leisure suit Larry!

14. chester grape

chester grape New Member

Vic 20 it was. I never had one, but a mate did. I remember sitting there for 15 minutes while we uploaded 'Pong' from a fucking audio cassette.

15. Schmed

Schmed New Member

The old tape games ruled, the commodore 64 did have that, I remember the fax noise you could hear as you waited for Tennis/Pong/Hockey to upload. I really loved how they tried to call Pong by 15-20 different names.

16. Schmed

Schmed New Member

Leisure Suit Larry rocked, I was a fan of the Zork games too. In fact I think I have a few of the Zork choose your own adventure books laying around here somewhere. There also is a text Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy game which I have on here too, you can find all the old text games on the net easily.

17. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

OHHHHHH DUDE! California Games! I remember playing that for ages, I am off to the web to download, it has to be out there somewhere.

I remember the hacky sack, I loved the hacky sack!

18. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

alright, now that the trip down memory lane is in full swing, my favorite game of all time, the red vs white karate game with 2 joysticks (both sticks full over to the respective right and left, for the slowest and most devestating round house kick delivered!) if you have a love for those era of games, check this out. I just ordered it and will wear it proudly to the bar!

http://www.cafepress.com/c64store.6010142

Cheers!

19. Schmed

Schmed New Member

Man I used to play cali games hackey sack for hours, and AI lvoed SpaceRanger for the Amiga!!

20. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I remember playing California Games on my Atari Lynx... and on a cousin's computer, but I don't remember what it was, possibly a Tandy?