Burn Notice

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by GAS, Jan 16, 2009.

1. GAS

GAS New Member

Anyone a fan? I'm loving this show so far, plus Bruce Cambell is in it so hell yeah.

2. nolo451

nolo451 New Member

yeah, I disliked it at first, but it grew on me. Plus, you can never have too much Bruce Campbell.

3. GAS

GAS New Member

Marathon on USA today! Woot!

4. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

There is just something unseemly about guys being a fan of some guy. But I googled Bruce Campbell and Ah!!! the B-movie guy from Evil Dead one of the greatest b-movies of all time.

Now I just have to find out wth Burn Notice is.

Watched this Old Spice commercial hilarious. Especially since I drive my wife nuts doing night club singer impersonations to various 80's songs when I'm bored as hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg6bZSM48vU

5. GAS

GAS New Member

Yeah Bruce is the man. Army of Darkness is one of my favorite all time movies.

The show is a spy/action kinda deal. It seems a tad more realistic the way they go about things than the usual spy-type shows. And they don't try to make it SUPER COOL HIGH TECH CRAZY. It's got subtelty and a level-headedness which I dig alot.

6. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

If it were me, it'd be running around quoting, "This... Is my Boom Stick! - YOU GOT THAT?!?"

Bruce is the shit.

Never seen that cheesy commercial, but then again, I never watch TV. No surprise.

You should play some Richard Cheese for Terri... If you drove her nuts, just wait until she hears this shit on the hi-fi... ;)

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

8. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Heh, "Army of Darkness" I need to check that out.

Yeah I got the series recording on my dvr and have watched 4 episodes of Burn notice. Pretty good except for the narrations. Spy 101 for dummies stuff.

I'm kind of like you I like the level headed common sens thinking out side the box angle.

I look at life like algebraic equations. Find out all the knows and figure for the variables. If something does not seem right its probably not right.

9. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Ha! Yeah like that if we have been together to long and am starting to get all cabin fever and drive each other nuts.

Even just talking I get stuck on talking just like Rod Sterling complete with all the ... what ever the word is creative visualizations.

10. GAS

GAS New Member

Army of Darkness is the sequel to Evil Dead actually.

As far as Burn Notice is concerned, I hear you about the narration. But then again those of us with no military backround(me) will still probably find it pretty cool to learn about shit like that.

11. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

You know I have no idea why it got on my nerves except for his tone or something. Come to think of it if you consider Magnum PI (loved that show in the 80s) And several others they all do that narration thing.

Ive seen all the old ones and am anxiously awaiting the next new sequel.

12. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I think they do that to cover great big gaps in the shows. Magnum PI for instance.

He would 'think'

"I knew the only person on the island with a backgound in communications was johnny, so I headed over that way"

I thought it was retarded too. Of course he didnt have a partner like Starsky and Hutch, so he couldnt share that information out loud, it would make him look crazy.

13. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Didn't McGuyver do the same thing? I'm pretty sure Rockford files did it also. I liked Rockford files. But even as a kid I was calling BS like Jim Rockford walks up and punches the security guard in the jaw the guard drops limp to the floor. He spends the next half hour in the building.

14. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Thats like all the shows from the 50s and 60s. They clear out 100 rounds of ammo at someone and there isnt even a drop of blood. Not even a near miss.

That and the punches where the guys fly over the bar.

Speaking of bars, I hate it, when in a bar fight someone gets run down the bar. I never understood that. Where did that come from and why would you just get up, or kick the guy, or grab a beer bottle and whack him with it.

Who knows.....

15. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Then there are the real things like the car chases. You ever backup to about 30mph in a straight line and then spin the wheel?

I used to do that all the time growing up near Houston and thinking back it was on narrow blacktop roads with drain ditches on each side.

Reverse, back, spin, drive, stomp the gas. You end up spinning the tires in the opposite direction just like in the movies. You could even do it in a Buick Regal. did not have to be sporty. If mom and dad only knew.

16. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Oh yeah and the broken chairs. And whacking someone with a pool stick. You hit me with a pool stick and I'm gonna get so freaking pissed. Then after I take it from your dumb movie watching ass and stab you with it your gonna learn the hard way what to do with a pool stick.

17. phatboy

phatboy New Member

That shit actually cracked me up.

We used to flip the lid of the air cleaners to get the 'dukes of hazard' sound. I had a friend try and do a 'State Trooper' turnaround, you know where you back up fast then spin the wheel, slam it in drive and take off? Yea, he flipped his truck. Freaking hilarious. Apparently he didnt notice in the movies it looks like it always just rained and the roads are hosed down.

When I was in high school there wasnt enough parking spaces for all the student cars so there was a field we could park in at the end of the regular parking lot. It had a slight slope to it, looking at it from right to left. We were out there one night after a football game, just shooting the breeze and decided to do spin outs. My friend had his moms station wagon (cavalier station wagon) and couldnt get it to sling around. So I says, let me try, and I go shooting down this hill in reverse sling the wheel and pull the emergency brake. It about threw me out of the car it was spinning so fast. He was all pissed off cause I got grass stuck between the rim and tire somehow. "Man my mom is going to be pissed when she sees that". Oh well.

18. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

man that sucks yeah trucks are not the best for that type of stunt